IGNORED

The fa fined £25,000 for the incidents at the denmark game

28 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Fair enough for the laser incident.

However; has any other country ever been fined for it's crowd booing an opponent's national anthem ?

I'm not aware of it. Let's see if this happens elsewhere. I won't hold my breath.

Didn't Bulgaria get fined £136 once for monkey chants at Raheem Sterling and if memory serves me correct Macedonia had their ground shut down for something like half an hour for racist chanting at..........................yeah, it was Raheem Sterling.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn't Bulgaria get fined £136 once for monkey chants at Raheem Sterling and if memory serves me correct Macedonia had their ground shut down for something like half an hour for racist chanting at..........................yeah, it was Raheem Sterling.

Plenty of incidents like this where there have been paltry fines, and players walking off the pitch. But none of these were anything to do with booing of a national anthem.

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Plenty of incidents like this where there have been paltry fines, and players walking off the pitch. But none of these were anything to do with booing of a national anthem.

No, but essentially it's a similar act isn't it? Although judging by the punishments meted out clearly making monkey noises at black players is very little to be concerned about compared to booing a National Anthem.

To be fair I don't agree with booing the National Anthem so do Italy get a similar fine for their fans booing of the Spanish anthem? We deserved the punishment but in the wider context UEFA aren't doing themselves any favours with a punishment policy that appears to be based on how big your FA is and ad-hoc at best.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

No, but essentially it's a similar act isn't it? Although judging by the punishments meted out clearly making monkey noises at black players is very little to be concerned about compared to booing a National Anthem.

To be fair I don't agree with booing the National Anthem so do Italy get a similar fine for their fans booing of the Spanish anthem? We deserved the punishment but in the wider context UEFA aren't doing themselves any favours with a punishment policy that appears to be based on how big your FA is and ad-hoc at best.

This I do agree with.

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn't care less about booing National Anthems personally,but monkey chants or any racist chanting should be dealt with much more seriously. Punishments should include teams being thrown out of tournaments/excluded from future tournaments at a very minimum for repeat offenders.

I thought it had been a refreshing change in this tournament not having English boneheads throwing chairs across the street of a foreign city. Having infantile booing of national anthems is a small price to pay I guess.

I suppose the drunken morons will make their feelings known if we lose the final. 

16 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

I thought it had been a refreshing change in this tournament not having English boneheads throwing chairs across the street of a foreign city. Having infantile booing of national anthems is a small price to pay I guess.

I suppose the drunken morons will make their feelings known if we lose the final. 

I think the police will have their work cut out whatever the outcome.

How many Italian restaurants will have their windows put through, I can imagine the scenes, beware Mario.

18 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

I understand the England fans in Rome were impeccable pretty much. However as foreign based fans they are going to be respectful of where they are as a matter of course.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I think we all know where the laser pen should be stuffed.

What a freaking ****.

Disappointing they haven't caught that manual manipulator.

Archived