IGNORED

Bristol’s best take aways

Jerseybean

Following the recent thread on here re Bristol’s best restaurants, here’s one on the best take-aways, look forward to hearing of people’s recommendations. In the meantime the EP have this to say….https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/ultimate-guide-bristols-best-takeaways-5615465?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

On 21/07/2021 at 21:56, Pickle Rick said:

How is Mario's Fish Bar not on the list. Banging fish and chips, great portions and amazing prices. Not to mention the rest of the menu ?

Lazy journalism from BP ?

Literally got one coming in 30 mins. Can't beat Mario's.

Got to try this place in Weston a couple of weeks back, you wont be disappointed, everything is good.

https://www.thetexaskitchen.com/order-online

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gazred said:

Literally got one coming in 30 mins. Can't beat Mario's.

Got to try this place in Weston a couple of weeks back, you wont be disappointed, everything is good.

https://www.thetexaskitchen.com/order-online

Looks good. My sort of thing.

Had a Phat Burger takeaway from their Warmley branch yesterday. Have to say I was disappointed. My beefburger was like meat sourced from a supermarket and the chicken burger was overly dry.

Nice shake and dirty fries were better than some others. Good portions tho. May go back some time and try their nachos and a loaded up hot dog before I make a full judgement, sometimes (like any place) they have off days.

https://www.phat-burger.co.uk/

Not a patch on the Hob Goblin, Glos Rd.

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

Has anyone tried Matina in St Nicks Market?  I run past it quite often and the smell is unreal and the queues everytime suggest to me they're doing something right. 

Insane. Easily the best Street Food in Bristol. One of the reasons I chose to go back into the office for a day a week prior to Omicron. 

St Nick's is awesome. Hope that Chilli Daddy come back once things are safer. Also the Caribbean Lady does some amazing Curry Goat. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Insane. Easily the best Street Food in Bristol. One of the reasons I chose to go back into the office for a day a week prior to Omicron. 

St Nick's is awesome. Hope that Chilli Daddy come back once things are safer. Also the Caribbean Lady does some amazing Curry Goat. 

Not tried Matina but the Caribbean food lady is amazing! …love the variety of food in there , we’re very lucky here in Bristol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Has anyone tried Matina in St Nicks Market?  I run past it quite often and the smell is unreal and the queues everytime suggest to me they're doing something right. 

That’s my regular lunch haunt when in the office once a week before the latest set of restrictions. It’s well worth the queue for the chicken and halloumi.

My only bad word to say about them is they almost always leak the Source out of the bottom, so it gets messy quickly.

Edited by tin

17 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

To this day I don’t know how they did it, and they no longer do it - but the chips in the Oldland Chinese (Golden Fish Bar?) were on another level to any chip I’ve ever had during the 90s. 

it must have been the oil. What oil is a mystery, but they were superb. 

A lot of Chinese takeaways have a preference for peanut oil, which I think has a slightly higher smoking point than vegetable oil.

Might have been that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Couple more cracking Fish n Chip shops ….The Henbury Frier on Crow lane …and Stoke Bishop fish bar ..also has a sister restaurant in Clifton, The Clifton Fish bar …all three are superb! 

I've been told that the Star Chippy almost opposite Parson St School does cracking chips and the portions are mahoooosive. I'm yet to verify this though. 

• Like 1