IGNORED

Young’uns

Jerseybean

Great to read. This season is not a play off push season so if we aren’t going to try to blood these kids now then when?  Conway, Scott and Bell should be starting at least 15 home games this season each and featuring in another 10-15 off the bench. I would caveat that by saying if we are in a proper relegation battle the numbers may well be reduced 

• Like 1

A very thoughtful and very reasonable assessment from Nige. He certainly knows how to oversee and manage a squad of players. He says all the right things from a fans and players perspective and keeps the players keen and enthusiastic to desperately want a place in the matchday squad.

To me he’s very different in the way he conducts his interviews to any other City manager that I can remember and that’s very refreshing to see

• Like 5

He's right. No reason they can't be in the 1st team squad this season. They've generally done well when called on and that needs to be encouraged.

Perhaps see how they are nearer the winter window, then look to send 1 or 2 out on loan if they aren't getting minutes.

Thought this would be the case.  With everyone together at the training ground, a trimmer senior squad is gonna need the young’uns for training anyway…let alone those who’ve proved themselves good enough to be around the team.  Nige likes his 11v11s too.

Pretty happy with this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

He also wants them to learn the right way and they can out do that under the guidance of another team/coach . It’s a balance I guess . Tin man must be loving it . Very exciting . At least it’s a strategy . If it works then signing youth players will become very easy with that pathway . The Pearson babes. 

I’ve long been a believer that for some players, especially those close to the first team (not in all cases) that training with the first team, learning the first team system, the little tricks and stuffs that top players do, is better preparation than going down to Lg2, playing a different style of football, under potentially inferior coaching, with inferior players, against opponents you won’t come up against in the Championship.

Alex Scott at 17 (18 in Aug) isn’t gonna learn the sophisticated patterns of play in Lg2 at say FGR, where the ball will be pumped over his head every 5 seconds.  Someone like Louis Britton might relish it.

I also think there are some benefits of our own u23s developing together (and playing like the first team).  In the past some of our best u23s might be out on loan, so we aren’t necessarily fielding our best u23s (reasons for / against), but also perhaps moving some players up from u18s to u23s too quickly, giving them a false sense of their development.  Keeping them at Failand means they are ready to come straight in to the first team if Nige needs them, or as he has started to elude to, be part of the first team anyway.  You can keep their minutes ticking over in the u23s.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Scott and Conway are the two that excite me more than the others and I`m hoping they are both in and around the first team.

I’d personally add Owura to that but can maybe add him to Janneh who I’d like to see more of. Scott and Conway I think are good enough now from what I have seen. 

Think Towler, Britton, Bell and Pearson need loans personally. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d personally add Owura to that but can maybe add him to Janneh who I’d like to see more of. Scott and Conway I think are good enough now from what I have seen. 

Think Towler, Britton, Bell and Pearson need loans personally. 

I don’t see how we can know with Bell. He got his place in the team and immediately the Rolls curse got him. Nige did speak about him as “a smiling assassin” or words to that effect, and he clearly rates him. Could be the dark horse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Richard Head said:

I don’t see how we can know with Bell. He got his place in the team and immediately the Rolls curse got him. Nige did speak about him as “a smiling assassin” or words to that effect, and he clearly rates him. Could be the dark horse.

I may be misremembering Bell but I do not recall him standing out at all. So I had a look  at his minutes. 36 minutes in 5 appearances for first team. So probably a harsh view on my part. I just don’t remember anything standout which is acceptable over a small sample size. 

Just remember with Conway really good movement and composure. Scott having a really mature few games in midfield, wise beyond his years. Edwards a fearlessness and ability to take players on 1v1. With Bell remember a lot of running but nothing special on the ball. 

I’d like to see all of them more and we probably will in the friendlies. I’d just put Conway and Scott on another level and Owura a bit higher up because we lack options in those wide areas. Janneh I want to see more because he has had some exposure to league football and he will be physically more mature as he is older. He may not make the grade but it is time to find out imo. 

• Like 2

I’m assuming that the reason HNM isn’t mentioned in that list is that we’ve forgotten just how young he still is, rather than anything more sinister. It’s incredible how many games he already has under his belt given his age and position.

Really promising statements though from NP. Hope he lives up to it: we’ve heard similar before and it hasn’t happened. Not that I’ve any reason to doubt his commitment. 

19 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m assuming that the reason HNM isn’t mentioned in that list is that we’ve forgotten just how young he still is, rather than anything more sinister. It’s incredible how many games he already has under his belt given his age and position.

Really promising statements though from NP. Hope he lives up to it: we’ve heard similar before and it hasn’t happened. Not that I’ve any reason to doubt his commitment. 

Pretty much every Robins Uncut we view has at least one “well done Han” from Nige.  We are gonna be a more energetic side, HNM plays plenty of minutes as a result.

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Well he has been firmly part of the squad for two seasons now. It would be odd to mention him imo. Point taken though. Why I would be trying to get him to sign a new deal. Tricky times because he’d need a pay rise but it is getting to the sell time if we don’t tie him down. New deal, better wages and a release clause for teams in Europe or premier league(or gentleman’s agreement because not sure if england allows release clauses). 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well he has been firmly part of the squad for two seasons now. It would be odd to mention him imo. Point taken though. Why I would be trying to get him to sign a new deal. Tricky times because he’d need a pay rise but it is getting to the sell time if we don’t tie him down. New deal, better wages and a release clause for teams in Europe or premier league(or gentleman’s agreement because not sure if england allows release clauses). 

Release clauses can be entered into any contract.

• Thanks 1