IGNORED

To those no longer here.

The turtle

For me personally, it's my grandad. 

Went to all city games with him growing up. 

Spent many many holidays watching cup finals and play off games in bars. 

As he go older and the radio was his channel to city, Wednesday night visits would the time to discuss city. 

Tomorrow would have been massive to him. 

My mum, who passed away 6 months ago, absolutely loved watching England in the tournaments.

She would have told everyone she met on Wednesday and Thursday that I was at Wembley and tomorrow she would have finally been able to stop telling me about 1966 non stop

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

Shout out to all those no longer here before tomorrow's game. I am sure everyone has a memory of someone sadly passed that would be absolutely buzzing for tomorrow's game. 

Not to mention those who you would give anything share it with. 

Screenshot_20210710_193341.jpg

For me it's my mate Tim "Stirs" Stirling who sadly took his own life a few years back. Always went to see City whenever we could or watch England somewhere with copious amounts of beer.

12 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

My folks - all gone far too young and implausibly long ago - loved a get together to watch an England match. My brother @Martyn Hocking would have enjoyed this competition.

It passes down the generations. We're off to London tomorrow to watch with my kids at my eldest's.

have a great day

3 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Yep, would give anything to be watching it in the company of @CyderInACan’s and my old man. City through and through and would have been 80 this year, but sadly passed away in 99.  He’ll be watching from the best seats in the house next to his brother, @oldstandrobin’s dad.

Come on England (and City this coming season!)

Neil, yep they will all be there watching, lets raise a glass (or 2) to them and the team.

Would give anything for them to be in the same room tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

My dad for me, I blame him for introducing me to BCFC in the mid '70s. He would have been buzzing for tomorrow, hopefully raise a glass for him after an England victory tomorrow. ????????

Me and you both brother, even thinking about it now brings a tear to my eye. Here’s hoping. Come on England ???????

It’s for my Mum, will never forget the hug she gave me when Glyn Riley scored vs Mansfield at Wembley in 1987, and for my Dad, he took me to my first game at Ashton Gate despite him being a rabid Gashead who also played for the gas at levels below the first team ... both sadly passed way too young - but they would have loved tomorrow, in ways more than one ... ?

My Dad for me. He took me to my first ever game which was the Freight Rover Trophy final against Bolton at Wembley. He passed away suddenly age 67 in 2018. Weirdly he was a fan of Southgate as well, he thought he would of been a good option for City back in the day. So he will be definitely be in my thoughts tomorrow. COYR 

Lost both Mum and Dad, a week apart last November.

Dad was a Dolman season ticket holder for years and would be cheering on both England on Sunday, and be back at AG next season.

Mum never really got it, but we did drag her to the 86 Freight Rover trophy...... and she loved every moment!

Miss them so much

Knowing time was short during one of our final conversations dad said he hoped I would get to see(and remember!) England win a tournament as I was two yrs old in 66....

Also to see City back in the top flight before my time is up...

Should England prevail,,tonight may become a tad emotional.

Archived