IGNORED

Fireworks

Unan

28 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just strikes me, as with the laser pen last week, some fans feel we have to cheat to win this thing.

We aren’t the first and won’t be the last to try and unsettle an opposition the night before outside of their hotel room. The Turks, Greeks Italians Spanish and pretty much the whole of europe have been doing this sort of thing for YEARS.

Before you all get too high up on those horses this non-stop 10 second bombardment happened in a "nearby" village with no complaints from the Italians made.

Sources have confirmed that the display wasn't right outside Varati's bedroom window and that whilst we would all prefer it never happened at all there isn't enough in it to embark on a moral crusade all afternoon, wish nothing but ill on England (there are enough from all over other parts of the UK and Europe on that little bandwagon) and therefore no longer enjoy the game tonight.

As someone said on that Twitter thread if you really wanted to cause a stir with fireworks you would be better off being there around now when players are having a pre-match nap..........

Just comes across as the most amateur of amateur stunts from someone who only had a tenner in his/her pocket when he/she bought the fireworks, couldn't get closer than about three miles to the hotel and literally made no difference to Italian preparations at all.

That said it gives those morally impeccable Scots, Welsh, Irish, Spanish, Armenians, Croatians, French, Germans, Moldovans, Russians, Australians, Ugandans, Serbians, South Africans, Dutch, Belgians, Danish, Americans etc. on Social Media something to moan at the English about though so at least some good came from the sorry episode.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Tinpot. Don’t care if Italians would do it in Rome - it’s like a child saying ‘he started it’!

See also booing of national anthems. 

Spot on with the National anthems but regarding fireworks nobody cares come fireworks night that I got to get up at 4 to work,I cope so I’m sure the players can 

40 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As someone said on that Twitter thread if you really wanted to cause a stir with fireworks you would be better off being there around now when players are having a pre-match nap..........

Just comes across as the most amateur of amateur stunts from someone who only had a tenner in his/her pocket when he/she bought the fireworks, couldn't get closer than about three miles to the hotel and literally made no difference to Italian preparations at all.

That said it gives those morally impeccable Scots, Welsh, Irish, Spanish, Armenians, Croatians, French, Germans, Moldovans, Russians, Australians, Ugandans, Serbians, South Africans, Dutch, Belgians, Danish, Americans etc. on Social Media something to moan at the English about though so at least some good came from the sorry episode.

It doesn’t take much for them to moan about the bloody English tbf but the hatred towards us quite frankly is astonishing on social media,makes me proud of being English in some kind of perverse way 

I used to work with a chap who was a member of of the Bristol Morris Men side. Each May Day they used to do an entire day of dancing starting at dawn - 4.00 am (don’t ask me why). They used to do it on Castle Park until the manager of the Bristol Marriott hotel turned up and told them to piss off as they were annoying the guests. They couldn’t understand why people didn’t want to listen to / watch Morris dancing at 4.00 in the morning 

57 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on with the National anthems but regarding fireworks nobody cares come fireworks night that I got to get up at 4 to work,I cope so I’m sure the players can 

Oh I agree the fireworks don’t make much difference to the players, but it’s still tinpot.

8 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Oh I agree the fireworks don’t make much difference to the players, but it’s still tinpot.

Fireworks yes, the teams no doubt expect and accept it.. The use of laser pens in the ground NO. The only reason you’d take a laser pen to a match is to do something like the other night. You’re not exactly going to be giving a presentation are you?

12 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

In what way is it one of these things?

What does Tinpoint mean?

1 : something that is extremely small or insignificant. 2 : the point of a pin. 3 : an extremely small or sharp point.

This is an interesting article about the problems England had to put up with in the 1970 World Cup in Mexico. Booby Moore arrested, imported food and drink confiscated and destroyed, disruption at night outside of hotel, refused permission to fly between venues and possibly Gordon Banks poisoned. 

https://englandmemories.com/2017/11/09/englands-mexico-70/

A few fireworks in a nearby village - the games gone :laugh:

Archived