IGNORED

Euro champions or promotion?

BCFChris

Which would you choose? For me it has to be promotion to the Premier League every time.

Although it would be amazing for my county to win a major trophy after all this time, my club playing in the top league after almost 30 years of support would mean more.

Big old chat on this about a month ago.

I'm England all the way. 

We can technically be promoted any season. Days like today come around once every 2 years minimum, and in reality once every 55 years!

I also love that today I'll be watching with a Man Utd fan and a Spurs fan. Then on WhatsApp I'll have Wolves fans, Villa fans, Chelsea fans etc...but today we're all England fans. Days like today I can watch as equals with my mates. It's brilliant.

City hasn’t got a chance of gaining promotion next season, but England has a good chance of winning tonight, so I’d go for England tonight and City in 2 seasons time. Is that cheating?

England, on this question. For me it would be:

1. Bristol City win the Premier League*

2. England win the World Cup

3. Bristol City win the Champions League*

4. England win the Euros 

5  Bristol City get promoted to the Premier League 

* I totally get that this ordering is counter-intuitive.  But it is also accurate for how I feel. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Good point on the radio earlier. If it’s 55 years of hurt that means the hurt started immediately after the World Cup win. Surely there should have been a few years of joy 

53 years of hurt?

(Starting at the 68 Euros, won by... the Italians! And they got to the final by a coin toss!)

I have seen City win a few promotions,and the Premier League doesn't really float my boat,although I acknowledge it would be good for the club.As I have never seen England win anything, I am tempted to go for the England win.

Archived