IGNORED

Fans without tickets trying to get in to Wembley (apparently)

Unan

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

ANy evidence for that or just making it up?

The video clearly shows people entering the stadium through what looks like an exit and getting punched as they stream in, the assumption is that the people in the stadium already have tickets - the people breaking in don't.

So the evidence is the video. 

49 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

In the stadium, in my seat (my 950 euro seat- yes that’s face value) it was a magical experience- rocking atmosphere, stood throughout etc But everything else about yesterday was utterly miserable. Not enough trains or tubes. Security hopelessly inadequate- and at 950 euros a ticket, UEFA and the FA can f****ng do better- Wembley way a war zone of pissed teenagers desperate for people to notice them, none actually going to the game, and real malevolence in the air. Covid, ticket activation and particularly turnstile entrance were a total shambles. When I went through turnstile K the steward literally told me to watch people forcing their when in on my activation, because if they did ‘ there’s nothing we can do about it’. Ffs. And incidentally, this was my experience on arrival at 5pm, 3 hours before kick off. Literally 50% of the people in my block had got in by smashing the gates- behind me 9 scouse teenagers ( perfectly friendly lads, to be fair), stood in the space of 4 seats. One smoked cannabis at half time and was able to finish the joint.  Been doing this since the 70’s, so I know what footy violence looks like. Never seen so many bell ends in one place as yesterday.

Absolutely concur with this. We were in the cheap seats at the east end, entrance D, at 5.30 a group of about 50 broke through up some steps on a side entrance, flattened the the stewards and charged up onto the upper level by the turnstiles, the Met came quickly and rounded most up, kicking them off. At this point we decided best to get in and away from any potential trouble. No evidence of any gate craters in our section and very good natured on the concourse around the bars and in the ground.

Prior to the game, Olympic Way reminded me of Reading festival in the early 80's, cans, bottles and other missiles flying through the air with no regard to anyones safety, piles of broken bottles and cans everywhere, guys pissing up against any wall, regardless, kids terrified, trees being climbed and branches ripped out, traffic lights/signs and other property being destroyed and any Italian fans being abused. We got the hell off the road and found a side street to sit in before going in. Sat with a group of Italians (one on a wheelchair) and had a great time, until a group of ticketless morons decided to descend upon us and tell us where we could stick our cannelloni, spaghetti and Lamborghini...such brilliant banter! then came the hail of full cans and bottles, at which point many peaceful and more mature England fans intervened, chasing off the beer fuelled examples of "Britain's finest". For the next hour we stayed put and were treated to several examples of jingoistic, anti-European, insulting and basically racist abuse from several groups of brain cell deficient youth and stone island clad "boys" who are most likely great grandfathers....apparently my tanned head means I'm catching Italian and have a touch of the ****** in me!!!!!!!

If people have those views, that's their right(however wrong in my opinion), however, we were hosting an international event, not a British National Party convention, where, as a nation we invite those from other countries to join with us and celebrate a festival of football. This was not apparent to anyone attending the game or observing. No policing or control outside of Wembley itself was an absolute disgrace and will not reflect well upon us...Any bid for the 2030 world cup is not going to be helped by this, indeed with such a public demonstration of disorder and xenophobia we have to ask ourselves whether we are worthy as a nation...

Note, walking back to the station was completed, literally, walking on broken glass!

How can we have descended from Euro 96 and the Olympics to this.... Shocking!

9 minutes ago, adamski said:

Absolutely concur with this. We were in the cheap seats at the east end, entrance D, at 5.30 a group of about 50 broke through up some steps on a side entrance, flattened the the stewards and charged up onto the upper level by the turnstiles, the Met came quickly and rounded most up, kicking them off. At this point we decided best to get in and away from any potential trouble. No evidence of any gate craters in our section and very good natured on the concourse around the bars and in the ground.

Prior to the game, Olympic Way reminded me of Reading festival in the early 80's, cans, bottles and other missiles flying through the air with no regard to anyones safety, piles of broken bottles and cans everywhere, guys pissing up against any wall, regardless, kids terrified, trees being climbed and branches ripped out, traffic lights/signs and other property being destroyed and any Italian fans being abused. We got the hell off the road and found a side street to sit in before going in. Sat with a group of Italians (one on a wheelchair) and had a great time, until a group of ticketless morons decided to descend upon us and tell us where we could stick our cannelloni, spaghetti and Lamborghini...such brilliant banter! then came the hail of full cans and bottles, at which point many peaceful and more mature England fans intervened, chasing off the beer fuelled examples of "Britain's finest". For the next hour we stayed put and were treated to several examples of jingoistic, anti-European, insulting and basically racist abuse from several groups of brain cell deficient youth and stone island clad "boys" who are most likely great grandfathers....apparently my tanned head means I'm catching Italian and have a touch of the ****** in me!!!!!!!

If people have those views, that's their right(however wrong in my opinion), however, we were hosting an international event, not a British National Party convention, where, as a nation we invite those from other countries to join with us and celebrate a festival of football. This was not apparent to anyone attending the game or observing. No policing or control outside of Wembley itself was an absolute disgrace and will not reflect well upon us...Any bid for the 2030 world cup is not going to be helped by this, indeed with such a public demonstration of disorder and xenophobia we have to ask ourselves whether we are worthy as a nation...

Note, walking back to the station was completed, literally, walking on broken glass!

How can we have descended from Euro 96 and the Olympics to this.... Shocking!

Shocking to hear. Unbelievable that these ***ts were allowed to freely and openly ruin peoples days.  I was there on Weds and have to say although it wasn’t as febrile as yesterday by a stretch it was still pretty vile in places.  Never seen so many coked up ***ts in one place. Probably the same ***ts sending the racist abuse.

Somehow the decent majority of us have to wrestle football back from these sub scum vocal minority.   

29 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

What's equally frustrating is the authorities- Police / FA etc coming out so quickly to say it was only a small minority that caused trouble and was quickly resolved - my arse. Clearly the various reports, videos etc from people there show it wasn't a small minority inside and outside the ground at all. Complete cover up of a huge cluster **** of a problem.

They should have come out from the start to admit the error of policing, security and organisation fell well short of what was needed. Nothing changes though does it. 

It's not as if they (Police/FA) don't have history for this, though, is it?

Think, inter alia, Hillsborough.

I see various posters on here have confirmed that there were a number of 'scousers' amongst the drunken, drugged, ticketless hordes that broke through security to enter the stadium: I wonder how long it will be before everybody's favourite red top makes this one of their headline 'scoops'. 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It's not as if they (Police/FA) don't have history for this, though, is it?

Think, inter alia, Hillsborough.

I see various posters on here have confirmed that there were a number of 'scousers' amongst the drunken, drugged, ticketless hordes that broke through security to enter the stadium: I wonder how long it will be before everybody's favourite red top makes this one of their headline 'scoops'. 

I can't comment on their views (but the videos and reports I've read didn't mention Liverpudlians).  I would say though that I have family that live in Liverpool and a lot of friends from there and they are some of the friendliest and kindest people I've met IMO.

I was there yesterday aswell and it was mental , we got our tickets activated at 17:35 and we went through entrance 1 and gate D and we saw a couple of lads rushing through who we thought might of broke in , for other people who were there yesterday what time did the majority of the idiots brake in and at what gate of the ground or what entrance was the majority of the trouble ? 

8 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

I was there yesterday aswell and it was mental , we got our tickets activated at 17:35 and we went through entrance 1 and gate D and we saw a couple of lads rushing through who we thought might of broke in , for other people who were there yesterday what time did the majority of the idiots brake in and at what gate of the ground or what entrance was the majority of the trouble ? 

Speaking to some guys on the tube afterwards it would appear it happened circa 6.30-7. Just after the England bus arrived we saw a whole convoy of police wagons come in on the coach route and off to entrance 1 (we were watching from the 5th level bars) which might indicate the number of those trying to storm the check points had become quite large.

When we went in at 5.15 it was very orderly, with a couple of lads chancing their arm, but being turned back, very politely, by the stewards. TBH I feel for the stewards, they'd been placed in a dreadful position given the huge numbers on the Olympic way with no protected space between them and the check points. If there was a surge I's imagine they had no option but to turn tail and leg it up the steps before they got crushed

12 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

I would say pretty much all day they were trying to get in 

37 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I can't comment on their views (but the videos and reports I've read didn't mention Liverpudlians).  I would say though that I have family that live in Liverpool and a lot of friends from there and they are some of the friendliest and kindest people I've met IMO.

I don't think that is in dispute; I have had a similar experience over the years.

I was simply saying that some posters on this thread confirmed that there were a lot of 'scousers': I am sure there were also a load of 'cockneys' etc.

4 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

In the stadium, in my seat (my 950 euro seat- yes that’s face value) it was a magical experience- rocking atmosphere, stood throughout etc But everything else about yesterday was utterly miserable. Not enough trains or tubes. Security hopelessly inadequate- and at 950 euros a ticket, UEFA and the FA can f****ng do better- Wembley way a war zone of pissed teenagers desperate for people to notice them, none actually going to the game, and real malevolence in the air. Covid, ticket activation and particularly turnstile entrance were a total shambles. When I went through turnstile K the steward literally told me to watch people forcing their when in on my activation, because if they did ‘ there’s nothing we can do about it’. Ffs. And incidentally, this was my experience on arrival at 5pm, 3 hours before kick off. Literally 50% of the people in my block had got in by smashing the gates- behind me 9 scouse teenagers ( perfectly friendly lads, to be fair), stood in the space of 4 seats. One smoked cannabis at half time and was able to finish the joint.  Been doing this since the 70’s, so I know what footy violence looks like. Never seen so many bell ends in one place as yesterday.

Did you go on Talkradio Ian Collins’ show earlier? 
Someone just had literally the same story as you’ve written. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Did you go on Talkradio Ian Collins’ show earlier? 
Someone just had literally the same story as you’ve written. 

No, not me. But if you look on the England supporters Fans Forum there are now 58 replies each with broadly similar stories to mine. My ticket was activated at 1733, meaning that I arrived at Wembley Park tube at about 1700, which seems to be the time period that other people are talking about. First odd thing was at the tube- as we were shuffling out, there were about the same number going in the opposite direction. I think looking back that this crowd just wanted to be in with the singing and chanting, but it led to serious congestion and danger. Other people have referred to unchallenged drug taking in the ground, which is simply mental.

1 hour ago, Bedred31 said:

No, not me. But if you look on the England supporters Fans Forum there are now 58 replies each with broadly similar stories to mine. My ticket was activated at 1733, meaning that I arrived at Wembley Park tube at about 1700, which seems to be the time period that other people are talking about. First odd thing was at the tube- as we were shuffling out, there were about the same number going in the opposite direction. I think looking back that this crowd just wanted to be in with the singing and chanting, but it led to serious congestion and danger. Other people have referred to unchallenged drug taking in the ground, which is simply mental.

I know a few lads who travelled just to be part of the atmosphere. The problem with Wembley way is it really doesn’t feel set up to hold so many people. The tube station can’t handle it hence the huge queues afterwards, there are no toilet facilities around unless you use one of the shops and buy something. It’s just really not designed to hold 60-70k people like that.

11 hours ago, Pezo said:

The video clearly shows people entering the stadium through what looks like an exit and getting punched as they stream in, the assumption is that the people in the stadium already have tickets - the people breaking in don't.

So the evidence is the video. 

Didn’t there used to be a difference between “an assumption” and “evidence”? Just asking…….

6 hours ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Didn’t there used to be a difference between “an assumption” and “evidence”? Just asking…….

I'm not one of the people throwing punches and kicks or one of the people breaking in so I clearly won't meet your expectations of evidence but why would anyone be breaking in if they had a ticket.

On 12/07/2021 at 15:39, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't think that is in dispute; I have had a similar experience over the years.

I was simply saying that some posters on this thread confirmed that there were a lot of 'scousers': I am sure there were also a load of 'cockneys' etc.

A lot of North African appearance as well - after we went through security at around 7.15 dozens of them were were jumping over a wall. When I could see that quite a lot had successfully integrated and the numbers was jeopardising us getting through the turnstiles in time for kick off and so had an altercation with them they backed off only because they didn’t want to draw attention to themselves. 

Plenty saying they paid between £100 and £200 to stewards to get in at the gates. 

Add the others that didn't even fancy paying a guy off to get in. 

If this wasn't at reduced capacity already due to covid, I fear something bad could have happened. 

I can't believe this wasn't anticipated. It's really not hard to police a modern venue like Wembley. Simply shouldn't be a chance of getting in without a ticket.

Next time there will be more chancers on the back of these guys success.

9 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Plenty saying they paid between £100 and £200 to stewards to get in at the gates. 

Add the others that didn't even fancy paying a guy off to get in. 

If this wasn't at reduced capacity already due to covid, I fear something bad could have happened. 

I can't believe this wasn't anticipated. It's really not hard to police a modern venue like Wembley. Simply shouldn't be a chance of getting in without a ticket.

Next time there will be more chancers on the back of these guys success.

Well that’s what caused it to a degree, a fair few people managed it at Denmark and posted on social media about how they managed jt. That caused hundreds more to go chance it on Sunday.

theres no way it should have been a surprise to police/security

• Admin

For someone who wasn't there, am I correct in saying that the checks away from the turnstiles were for people to show tickets?

So the pictures of people breaking through here still had to go through a turnstile?

Assume the turnstiles were electronic so there was no control over people getting through?

I'm curious where the people offering money to stewards would have got in

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Well that’s what caused it to a degree, a fair few people managed it at Denmark and posted on social media about how they managed jt. That caused hundreds more to go chance it on Sunday.

theres no way it should have been a surprise to police/security

I think that Wembley way is the problem. It is a funnel on the way in and way out. A terrorists dream.

Once you have large numbers of people hell bent on trouble, mixed in with legitimate ticket holders in that space the police have no chance.

Not sure what the answer is

Probably there needs to be at least 1 more approach and tickets must be shown to gain access. If this check point is further from the ground at least the police have some chance.

Another idea is only light beer on sale at and within 2 miles of the stadium. Sydney did this during the Olympics and it worked well.

The biggest shame is that as a nation some parts of society feel that you can't have a great time unless you are totally off your face.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

For someone who wasn't there, am I correct in saying that the checks away from the turnstiles were for people to show tickets?

So the pictures of people breaking through here still had to go through a turnstile?

Assume the turnstiles were electronic so there was no control over people getting through?

I'm curious where the people offering money to stewards would have got in

From memory, you don't go through a turnstile for the Club Wembley area, it's an electronic gate, which would be very easy to breach, or for a steward to hold open to allow extra people through.  Presumably they may also have offered money for the access via the disabled doors?

Archived