IGNORED

Size of goal posts.

City oz

15 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Absolutely. Really feel for Saka, shouldn't have been put in that situation even if he'd volunteered to take it.

It’s tricky. If you move him on from his position would he lose confidence if he had to step up later in the shootout? A must score penalty and the gaffer doesn’t trust me. 

What annoyed me is that Southgate didn’t learn from the Croatia game 3 years ago. Early goal and trying to see it off for nearly 90 mins. I’m no football professional but they were there for the taking first half

21 hours ago, City oz said:

Well we are all most probably dissapointed with last nights result. It is always sad for the team that goes down on penalties. At the end of the day one team must win and penalties at the end of a match are not a true reflection on how a team played in the first 90 minutes and in extra time.

Goal dimensions are 2.4 meters high the average keeper is about 2.1 meters high at best. the width is 7. 3 maters. 

I remember in my school days and taking penalties and if you made a point of aiming at a corner of the net and hit  the ball fairly hard and picking a corner 9 out of ten times  you would score from the penalty spot.

Last night we had Rushford, Samchd and Sako missing in what they would have always practised year in and year out through out there professional careers and school boy football. All three would be on massive salaries and being paid at that level and representing your country there is no excuse but to not score from the penalty spot.

Those three and sorry to say should not wear an England shirt again.  All three pussy footed before they kicked  the ball and tried to look a smart arse in front of the goalie.

What happened to good old fashioned football  we used to play and when the opportunity came around for a penalty awarded we argued who was going to take it as it was going to be a certain goal. We hit the ball hard and picked are spot and danced around like a fairy.

I bet there are a lot of old farts on here like me would love to have the opportunity to kick the ball off of the penalty spot with goal posts 7.3 meters wide and 2.4 meters high and bet our pensions on scoring.

You make it sound so easy :redcard:

21 hours ago, City oz said:

Nah mate. But at least I would have kicked the ball has hard as I could with a cold Victoria Bitter in one hand and a sausage off the BBQ in the other hand. And not  did a bloody side step, country dance and waltz on the bloody run up and pointed to the goalie where I would aim the ball for.

No wonder your making irrational statements if you drink that shite, worst post I've seen here you W⚓.

23 hours ago, City oz said:

Well we are all most probably dissapointed with last nights result. It is always sad for the team that goes down on penalties. At the end of the day one team must win and penalties at the end of a match are not a true reflection on how a team played in the first 90 minutes and in extra time.

Goal dimensions are 2.4 meters high the average keeper is about 2.1 meters high at best. the width is 7. 3 maters. 

I remember in my school days and taking penalties and if you made a point of aiming at a corner of the net and hit  the ball fairly hard and picking a corner 9 out of ten times  you would score from the penalty spot.

Last night we had Rushford, Samchd and Sako missing in what they would have always practised year in and year out through out there professional careers and school boy football. All three would be on massive salaries and being paid at that level and representing your country there is no excuse but to not score from the penalty spot.

Those three and sorry to say should not wear an England shirt again.  All three pussy footed before they kicked  the ball and tried to look a smart arse in front of the goalie.

What happened to good old fashioned football  we used to play and when the opportunity came around for a penalty awarded we argued who was going to take it as it was going to be a certain goal. We hit the ball hard and picked are spot and danced around like a fairy.

I bet there are a lot of old farts on here like me would love to have the opportunity to kick the ball off of the penalty spot with goal posts 7.3 meters wide and 2.4 meters high and bet our pensions on scoring.

I think in years gone by goalkeepers were not 7ft tall and if they were they to 5 mins to get to floor level

Archived