IGNORED

Robins Uncut 008

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

TV Gantry up to film/stream the friendlies no doubt ?

23's, 18's and women's team all apparently playing on the show pitch so provides filming point for the club for those matches

10 minutes ago, Hocca said:

No sign of joe Williams either

My thoughts are that he’s doing his own regime, bespoke to get him back, perhaps a bit more gentler than the rest.  Nige said he’d be back for the start of the season, so just waiting to see.

Benarous looked insanely good against Cardiff in a youth game last season.

Obviously senior level is a whole different kettle of fish, but one to keep an eye on for sure.

If he isn't around the first team squad (would be a bit too soon perhaps) I'd hope he gets a loan somewhere.

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Benarous looked insanely good against Cardiff in a youth game last season.

Obviously senior level is a whole different kettle of fish, but one to keep an eye on for sure.

If he isn't around the first team squad (would be a bit too soon perhaps) I'd hope he gets a loan somewhere.

Obviously big expectations for him, but…..Saw him in the FAYC twice, where you could see why Alex Scott was in the first team squad.  Different positions admittedly, Benarous has undoubted skill, his challenge will be playing against out of age group….let’s not forget he didn’t even start many u23 games.  By the end of this season we will have a better idea I reckon.  I’m sure he will have a more important role in u23s this season.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Obviously big expectations for him, but…..Saw him in the FAYC twice, where you could see why Alex Scott was in the first team squad.  Different positions admittedly, Benarous has undoubted skill, his challenge will be playing against out of age group….let’s not forget he didn’t even start many u23 games.  By the end of this season we will have a better idea I reckon.  I’m sure he will have a more important role in u23s this season.

Tbh when I said a loan I wasnt really thinking league football.

Maybe Conference or Conference North/South.

However if he stays at the club no issue for me, as long as he's getting game time, I think regular starts is what's required right now for him, whether thats u23s or 5th/6th tier (below that and I think u23 probably more beneficial for him)

I believe (though may be wrong) he's had national call ups at his age group, though think that was more of a training camp.

Other thing I noticed in the game against Cardiff where he ripped them apart is how much of a flair player he is, and while it's important not to coach that out of him I think it's important he is aware of, or gets taught his decision making and that sometimes skill isn't always the right choice.

I havent seen too much of him outside of that game, but was aware of the name, but going to try and keep more of an eye out this coming season.

Archived