IGNORED

Bristol City v Celtic

Red Army 75

First pre season friendly tonight. Shame we can’t go and watch this one but will be tuning in. I know friendlies don’t interest some people but I always look forward to seeing the new signings and the different formations NP will play. Also looking forward to seeing the new training ground being used. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/star-guest-line-up-for-celtic-on-robins-tv/

We Will be hearing from SL tonight as well 

Think the club are taking the p1ss a bit with pricing, would not have hurt to do a reduced price for ST holders at £5 per game, but to charge the same as a standard robins TV match when years ago ST holders use to get into pre-season games free, think they are loosing the plot

14 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Think the club are taking the p1ss a bit with pricing, would not have hurt to do a reduced price for ST holders at £5 per game, but to charge the same as a standard robins TV match when years ago ST holders use to get into pre-season games free, think they are loosing the plot

10 pound is overpriced. But I am buying the 3 game pass which works out 6.66 a game which is ok IMO. But understand that doesn’t work for everyone 

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

To be honest it's been a while since ST holders got into a friendly against a professional side for free and I'd normally expect to pay a tenner. Therefore while I am disappointed I can't physically attend as I see it £20 for 3 games is a saving of £10.

For me it's a pity that COVID has wiped out the Community friendly which always proved a great family day out and benefited a local non-league side. 

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

To be honest it's been a while since ST holders got into a friendly against a professional side for free and I'd normally expect to pay a tenner. Therefore while I am disappointed I can't physically attend as I see it £20 for 3 games is a saving of £10.

For me it's a pity that COVID has wiped out the Community friendly which always proved a great family day out and benefited a local non-league side. 

I agree no problem paying a £10 to attend the game, but to charge full robins TV match day price I think is a bit off.

As NP said , it’s nothing more than a training games as all friendlies are . But the club want to charge £10 ? 

38 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Is there something going on at ashton gate which means it couldnt be played there? Im sure a few thousand will have turned up to watch it, got some money coming in

Only just relayed the pitch 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

10 pound is overpriced. But I am buying the 3 game pass which works out 6.66 a game which is ok IMO. But understand that doesn’t work for everyone 

Yep, me too, and my dad goes halves with me….you can watch on two devices under one payment.  In fact I once had 4 devices all streaming at the same time.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Guess the tenner is purely because Celtic are a huge club with a global fanbase and a large number won't think twice about shelling out.

Celtic supporters get free coverage via their season tickets

7 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I am going to buy the bundle, but will be working at 1pm on Tuesday. Will I be able to watch the match delayed when I get home from work? I've never needed to do that before with Robins TV, so I am unsure if it is an option?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good question. I assumed I would miss it due to work but hopefully this is an option ?

I've used RobinsTV from abroad for three seasons or so now. This is an option that I don't ever recall seeing implemented. You cannot, so far as I know, truly watch it on a "delay" service. That is, if you get home at half time, you have to watch as live, from half time, and you can't "watch from the start" as you can on a service like iPlayer. 

They may of course have updated RobinsTV over the summer, but I've not seen it advertised if they have now implemented this service.

However, the club used to put up the full 90 minutes of a game a day or so after. I can currently watch any of the games from last season when I log into RobinsTV. I've no idea if they'll do that with these friendly games though, and it's probably not quite what you are looking for.

35 minutes ago, 22A said:

In the 1980's / early 90's did City have a pre season 3-3 draw up there?

I was out  of the country at the time and relied on occasional newspapers. (for you young'uns, no internet then).

Haha, I so remember going on holiday and having to wait a day or two for the papers to arrive so I could find out the result!  Good times!

46 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've used RobinsTV from abroad for three seasons or so now. This is an option that I don't ever recall seeing implemented. You cannot, so far as I know, truly watch it on a "delay" service. That is, if you get home at half time, you have to watch as live, from half time, and you can't "watch from the start" as you can on a service like iPlayer. 

They may of course have updated RobinsTV over the summer, but I've not seen it advertised if they have now implemented this service.

However, the club used to put up the full 90 minutes of a game a day or so after. I can currently watch any of the games from last season when I log into RobinsTV. I've no idea if they'll do that with these friendly games though, and it's probably not quite what you are looking for.

I watch from overseas too. My subscription is not up until December. Thus I assume I will be able to watch, without paying extra....I guess we will see!

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Haha, I so remember going on holiday and having to wait a day or two for the papers to arrive so I could find out the result!  Good times!

I remember my first trip to Benidorm n 75. The World service would broadcast the last 20 minutes of the commentary game globally and the results afterward. Bars were packed for about an hour. 

I was about 12 and was sort of paddling on the edge of the Med with my old man that afternoon before going to the bar. A small fish with a red stripe swam up to me....I said look a fish with a red stripe.....My old man said, Efing Sunderland supporters....:laugh:

Archived