IGNORED

Bristol City v Celtic

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

All of which will make us slightly less shit!

Kalas poor all season, Nagy hit and miss, Wells is ok, couldn’t comment on Williams but I would guess signing two central midfielders tells you what you need to know about our hopes of his fitness, Semenyo not too championship quality… I will give you Bentley though

Kalas poor all season????? Did you watch us at all last season? Only Bentley was better than Kalas last season.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

He hasn’t played for bit far off a year? This is our first pre-season game, their third and they’re a better side than we are anyway.

Whats to worry about?

I took that in to consideration too, I'm not really worried, but had hoped he looked slightly better

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I completely get this is pre-season friendly no 1 but I'd have liked to seen a bit more courage on the ball from us, and to maybe up our passing accuracy somewhat. 

Pre season cannot be judged like normal games. Celtic have Champions League qualifying soon, they simply have to be ahead of us. Perfect runaround for us and a perfect chance to work on the ball and movement for them.

If it’s like this in three games time start to be worried!!

Although we haven't looked too threatening in the final third, our defence and centre midfield looks more assertive. 

Matty James seems to be doing a good job of keeping the Celtic midfielders at bay at the edge of the 18 yard box. 

One concern of mine is Kasey Palmer playing out wide. He often looks to pass the ball instead of drive forward with it. His choice of pass often doesn't have the desired effect of moving us up the pitch. I would like to see him play behind Weimann and try to pick out some of his runs behind the defence. 

I'm excited to see Owura Edwards, as I feel he could put himself into contention for a starting place if he has an effect on this game when he comes on. 

Archived