IGNORED

Bristol City v Celtic

Red Army 75

Celtic obviously more match fit, they have to be with a Euro match next week, so obviously they will be a couple or three games ahead of us in terms of match fitness and it showed.

Fitness wise, a very good work out.

I thought King was anonymous and James not too far behind.

Palmer put in a very good shift but couldn't get on the ball, that bad tackle - NP would have liked that, he chased the guy back and put in a (bad) tackle.

The only downside from that half was Sam Pearson imo. He genuinely looked out of his depth - but, as I say, first game of the season and all that. But he's got some chasing to do now.

Celtic - they should have been out of sight with all the possession and forward play, but they had nothing up front, just tippy tappy shite around the box. Have a friggin shot ffs.

5 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Baker and Atkinson looking solid, James starting to come into it but the standout for me has been Andy King. He's everywhere, looks big and always finds a pass. 

And I thought he was anonymous ;)

All about opinions.

Just now, KegCity said:

Celtic fans are delusional on Twitter, talking as if we’re a pub side when this our first pre season fixture and they have a champions league match on Tuesday…

They came to that conclusion having watched us last season.

Personally I think that based on last season that was a little unfair on pub teams!

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

"Like the other friendlies Bristol City seem to think it’s a cup final."

Talk about deluded

We would never get to a cup final playing like this!

Seriously though I don't see anything in this that's making me think we're playing this like a cup final, we have a lot of our younger players playing, do they think resolute defending is how you play a cup final? 

3 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Celtic fans are delusional on Twitter, talking as if we’re a pub side when this our first pre season fixture and they have a champions league match on Tuesday…

No more delusional than fans on here expecting us to pass the ball round like Real Madrid this evening. Same lack of awareness??

This Celtic *** on comms is pissing me off ******* around with the mic every 5 seconds, giving me a headache

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

O Leary’s kicking has been dreadful

It's not O'Leary it's that young kiddy

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

We would never get to a cup final playing like this!

Seriously though I don't see anything in this that's making me think we're playing this like a cup final, we have a lot of our younger players playing, do they think resolute defending is how you play a cup final? 

Gareth Southgate thinks it is! :whistle:

I think this is alright, they've clearly been working on shape and as NP says building from the back.

Alright it's not like watching Brazil but it never is in a pre season game.

As others and now celtic TV have said celtic are rightly way ahead of us - they are a week away from competitive games and this is our first pre season game. 

Just now, Pezo said:

I think this is alright, they've clearly been working on shape and as NP says building from the back.

Alright it's not like watching Brazil but it never is in a pre season game.

As others and now celtic TV have said celtic are rightly way ahead of us - they are a week away from competitive games and this is our first pre season game. 

Agree. We’ve looked a lot more resilient. I think the experience of James and King has helped. 

Archived