IGNORED

Bristol City v Celtic

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Impressed by the tempo and commitment from both sides, often friendlies lack both. I have this down as a really good workout between two well matched squads 

Agree. Enjoyed that. We’re looking harder to beat, taking account of the fact that Celtic are ahead of us in preseason. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just talking about what I saw even if it sounds harsh from Celtic having 2 extra friendlies before this and us obviously not full strength.

Celtic dominated first half. But we looked pretty solid defensively. Very strong looking against a smaller Celtic side.

O'Leary, Atkinson, Baker, James and Weimann impressed me.

I think most of the others have been poor. 

442 with Weimann alongside Martin I am not so sure is the way forward. Not just because of that half but just not sure it will work.

I was thinking Weimann would play a bit deeper. Celtic having that extra man in midfield and we can't put any moves together.

But its only a friendly. Might all mean nothing.

I think if Nige wants to go 442 then Wells would work much better alongside Weimann. Obviously he isn't available for this game.

Don't panic, it's just a training session (Pearson says so)👍 

Plus we're without 2, if not 3, definite starters, so formations today will be just about getting everyone a game, not how we might set up in a few weeks time 

47 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Celtic fans are delusional on Twitter, talking as if we’re a pub side when this our first pre season fixture and they have a champions league match on Tuesday…

Just twitter back saying "We're just using you as a training session, mate" - that should set them right

Just a training session in reality but against a team about to enter the Champions League qualifying rounds, a rout wouldn’t have been a surprise, especially in our first match of pre season. Good job today lads. 

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Don't panic, it's just a training session (Pearson says so)👍 

Plus we're without 2, if not 3, definite starters, so formations today will be just about getting everyone a game, not how we might set up in a few weeks time 

Just twitter back saying "We're just using you as a training session, mate" - that should set them right

Yeah could well mean nothing like I said. But I wouldn't be so keen on Weimann and Martin up top on the opening day.

• Like 1

Read some of the Celtic match reports. I’m not sure deluded is the right word but they certainly were not watching the same game. Did our goalkeepers have a shot to save? Did we not hit the post (twice may be) did we not have numerous chances. I know possession to some means domination, but I think that their European aspirations could be short lived!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Read some of the Celtic match reports. I’m not sure deluded is the right word but they certainly were not watching the same game. Did our goalkeepers have a shot to save? Did we not hit the post (twice may be) did we not have numerous chances. I know possession to some means domination, but I think that their European aspirations could be short lived!

Celtic will have difficulty playing in the championship