IGNORED

Fan Flags at Ashton Gate

anonym0u5

42 minutes ago, anonym0u5 said:

What are the rules? a few mates have got together and had a flag made - not large. I was wondering what the rules are to have this displayed on matchdays. We are in S22.

image.png.49de3f5c51a1b0c9f8a5e109b3f161f6.png

When you say 'not large' is the can of Gold on a 1:1 scale?

Might help me visualise it!

• Admin
52 minutes ago, anonym0u5 said:

What are the rules? a few mates have got together and had a flag made - not large. I was wondering what the rules are to have this displayed on matchdays. We are in S22.

image.png.49de3f5c51a1b0c9f8a5e109b3f161f6.png

This is in the away advice for AG8

image.png

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Would a can of Gold be seen as commercial I wonder.

A difficult lawyer could definitely argue that it was. Thatcher's could probably also tell you not to use their branding on the flag if they were so inclined. In the same way the club could technically come at you for using a trademarked logo - the badge - on an unofficial product.

Fortunately they tend to see these things as unimportant, and in effect it's a free advert. But say the official between Thatcher's and City ceased...then maybe someone might suddenly have a problem with this flag.

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Aren't we still sponsored by Thatchers in some way? 

Yes. Thatcher's is one of City's "Elite Partners". https://www.bcfc.co.uk/corporate/our-partners/

44 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

A difficult lawyer could definitely argue that it was. Thatcher's could probably also tell you not to use their branding on the flag if they were so inclined. In the same way the club could technically come at you for using a trademarked logo - the badge - on an unofficial product.

Fortunately they tend to see these things as unimportant, and in effect it's a free advert. But say the official between Thatcher's and City ceased...then maybe someone might suddenly have a problem with this flag.

Yes. Thatcher's is one of City's "Elite Partners". https://www.bcfc.co.uk/corporate/our-partners/

Elite athletes need Elite Booze!

Archived