IGNORED

robins tv

REDOXO

9 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

My initial totally premature reaction having seen just 45 minutes of football is that we are going to lack the creativity in midfield to really do anything notable this season. I think our defence will be solid but not sure where the goals will come from.

I think the priority is to make us difficult to beat.  

The usual streaming sites have the Celtic TV coverage so I’ve heard…

Absolute joke from RobinsTV mind, no excuses with new technology etc, poor to charge a tenner for a stream of a pre season friendly too, did we have to pay for the friendliest in the US from a few seasons ago?

Enjoyed that in the end, last 30 minutes much better than first 60 minutes but hard to tell if that’s because Celtic were tiring against a whole new team. Thought Bakinson and Massengo looked great and the whole second eleven played with lots of energy, whereas the first looked like they were running through treacle at times. Not a bad result given that Celtic have already got a few pre season games under their belt 

Given up! Only our club could sign up to such an inept bunch of pretenders!

the last 3 times I paid to watch our stream I got to see none of one game, half of another game and occasional glimpses of a third.

Emails sent during and after the games went unanswered - I presume a certain MA is one of the directors of the scam ensemble as well!

3 hours ago, dave36 said:

Given up! Only our club could sign up to such an inept bunch of pretenders!

the last 3 times I paid to watch our stream I got to see none of one game, half of another game and occasional glimpses of a third.

Emails sent during and after the games went unanswered - I presume a certain MA is one of the directors of the scam ensemble as well!

I've just sent an email to slo@bcfc.co.uk - not only could I not watch the stream, I got billed twice, and that was for the 3 game package: so essentially I've shelled out £40 for sweet fa.

(I sent an email to bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com (or whatever its called) yesterday about my double billing and got the most ridiculous automated replies I've ever seen 0/10 for support.)

17 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've just sent an email to slo@bcfc.co.uk - not only could I not watch the stream, I got billed twice, and that was for the 3 game package: so essentially I've shelled out £40 for sweet fa.

(I sent an email to bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com (or whatever its called) yesterday about my double billing and got the most ridiculous automated replies I've ever seen 0/10 for support.)

StreamAMG are on Facebook, I am sure they would not be so blasé about complaints if they were public! I for one cannot understand why the club use them, their tech is seriously flawed and does not keep with the same updates we do everyday!

Bristol City CEO Richard Gould has spoken to local radio to appease unhappy supporters who were unable to watch Wednesday night's 0-0 draw with Celtic.

The glamour friendly held at the Robins High Performance Centre was played without a crowd, and passes were sold to watch the game online instead.

Unfortunately a technical error - after Apple upgraded its Safari web browser and it wasn't spotted - meant that some supporters were unable to watch the coverage, which included a live interview with owner Steve Lansdown before kick-off and forward Andreas Weimann discussing his return to first-team action, following injury, afterwards.

Other supporters using different web browsers were able to watch the match however, while the club's app also showed the clash against the Scottish giants successfully too.

The club has since emailed those affected to find out which supporters were not able to watch the game. A refund is to be offered.

Bristol Live has been contacted by supporters unhappy at not being able to view RobinsTV and we wrote to Bristol City on Thursday morning to ask for an explanation on what had occurred.

The club later tweeted: 'We are aware that some viewers had issues watching our Robins TV livestream for the Celtic game last night and have been investigating this. We apologise and will be contacting those affected directly via email.'

Gould then spoke to BBC Radio Bristol's Jonathan Ray on Thursday afternoon to offer further explanation and clarify that refunds will be issued.

"We certainly could have responded more quickly. I think when these elements happen - we were trying to get to the bottom of it particularly during the game - we were trying to get it rectified," he explained.

"But apologies for the frustration caused," he said, explaining that around 1,400 supporters were due to watch the game online. A third are believed to have been affected.

"People have paid for a product. They've been excited about being able to watch the game - my apologies because we've let them down on this particular occasion and therefore of course they'll be getting a refund," added Gould.

The recently appointed CEO went on to say that City are determined to improve their online service, are desperate to see fans back at Ashton Gate soon and that their communication can be improved.

Bristol City's players have moved on to attend a special training camp at Loughborough University before returning to Failand to play Portsmouth on Tuesday July 20, another game that will be streamed live on Robins TV.

Aston Villa at the Gate on July 31 will be the first match to see fans back in the stadium.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bristol City CEO Richard Gould has spoken to local radio to appease unhappy supporters who were unable to watch Wednesday night's 0-0 draw with Celtic.

The glamour friendly held at the Robins High Performance Centre was played without a crowd, and passes were sold to watch the game online instead.

Unfortunately a technical error - after Apple upgraded its Safari web browser and it wasn't spotted - meant that some supporters were unable to watch the coverage, which included a live interview with owner Steve Lansdown before kick-off and forward Andreas Weimann discussing his return to first-team action, following injury, afterwards.

Other supporters using different web browsers were able to watch the match however, while the club's app also showed the clash against the Scottish giants successfully too.

The club has since emailed those affected to find out which supporters were not able to watch the game. A refund is to be offered.

Bristol Live has been contacted by supporters unhappy at not being able to view RobinsTV and we wrote to Bristol City on Thursday morning to ask for an explanation on what had occurred.

The club later tweeted: 'We are aware that some viewers had issues watching our Robins TV livestream for the Celtic game last night and have been investigating this. We apologise and will be contacting those affected directly via email.'

Gould then spoke to BBC Radio Bristol's Jonathan Ray on Thursday afternoon to offer further explanation and clarify that refunds will be issued.

"We certainly could have responded more quickly. I think when these elements happen - we were trying to get to the bottom of it particularly during the game - we were trying to get it rectified," he explained.

"But apologies for the frustration caused," he said, explaining that around 1,400 supporters were due to watch the game online. A third are believed to have been affected.

"People have paid for a product. They've been excited about being able to watch the game - my apologies because we've let them down on this particular occasion and therefore of course they'll be getting a refund," added Gould.

The recently appointed CEO went on to say that City are determined to improve their online service, are desperate to see fans back at Ashton Gate soon and that their communication can be improved.

Bristol City's players have moved on to attend a special training camp at Loughborough University before returning to Failand to play Portsmouth on Tuesday July 20, another game that will be streamed live on Robins TV.

Aston Villa at the Gate on July 31 will be the first match to see fans back in the stadium.

This is of course inaccurate. There were many overseas supporters who have annual and auto renewable packages (one of the criteria to get the game) who were deliberately locked out without explanation or pre warning. The SLO has been asked to explain and advise. No response as of yet. 

The many supporters that pay the club from overseas fulfill the clubs own criteria and were not warned that there money was not good enough prior to kick off had to scramble around to find the game, particularly as supporters who had paid couldn’t get it and it was obvious paying my tenner for 70 minutes of football was no guarantee they would actually get to watch. 

Celtic coverage was fine btw!

• Admin
1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

This is of course inaccurate. There were many overseas supporters who have annual and auto renewable packages (one of the criteria to get the game) who were deliberately locked out without explanation or pre warning. The SLO has been asked to explain and advise. No response as of yet. 

The many supporters that pay the club from overseas fulfill the clubs own criteria and were not warned that there money was not good enough prior to kick off had to scramble around to find the game, particularly as supporters who had paid couldn’t get it and it was obvious paying my tenner for 70 minutes of football was no guarantee they would actually get to watch. 

Being devils advocate, are pre season fixtures covered in your package? 

Only reason I ask my season card doesn't get me into cup games, just wondering if you've only purchased competitive fixtures?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Being devils advocate, are pre season fixtures covered in your package? 

Only reason I ask my season card doesn't get me into cup games, just wondering if you've only purchased competitive fixtures?

No problem. The club was selling the package I have (all the expats have) as a way to get the game. We pay annually with automatic payment annually. Exactly as they said on the website. 

Thus it would follow as we have it already and the club are selling it as access that we would have access UNLESS the club tell us in advance that those who have paid already are excluded. They did not!

They let you (season card holders) know that you were not covered and completely over looked the many overseas supporters who are already paying for the package. 

Yes I get incentives but at the very least tell us in advance. Being taken for granted, overlooked and advantage of has been a theme for supporters of City for years. Luckily supporters are forever. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I have the overseas package and was curious whether these pre-season games would be included. It was hard to tell from yesterday's fiasco whether they were included - but unavailable to the technical mess - or were simply just not included. Not particularly bothered, as I wouldn't have purchased the separate 3-game package anyway, but the overall lack of professionalism was disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Final 3 Star said:

I have the overseas package and was curious whether these pre-season games would be included. It was hard to tell from yesterday's fiasco whether they were included - but unavailable to the technical mess - or were simply just not included. Not particularly bothered, as I wouldn't have purchased the separate 3-game package anyway, but the overall lack of professionalism was disappointing.

They were included if you bought our package this week before yesterday. Those of us who have had it for years were excluded this I know because of the permissions response and tHE SLO has yet to answer my question. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

They were included if you bought our package this week before yesterday. Those of us who have had it for years were excluded this I know because of the permissions response and tHE SLO has yet to answer my question. 

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I'm in the latter category - have been subscribing for years. Evidently our renewals are taken for granted and don't warrant a small bonus now and then. Especially galling as several games per season become unavailable due to screening restrictions.

Archived