IGNORED

Joe Williams

B-Rizzle

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Bentley and Wells, any mention about any of them? 

Bentley ?

Has been training daily and was at the game tonight sharing a joke with NP.

He'll probably get 60 minutes in the next game.

I’ve never known a more ridiculous situation with an injured player at the club. Mystery has surrounded his injuries. Little comment from the club. Missed six months after he signed. Comes back for two games. Goes off with a hamstring injury at Sheffield United. Makes a cryptic comment on his own social media about his injury - out for another six months. 
If he misses pre-season, it’ll take him a while to get up to speed…and that’ll mean another month or two before he’s effective.

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

I’ve never known a more ridiculous situation with an injured player at the club. Mystery has surrounded his injuries. Little comment from the club. Missed six months after he signed. Comes back for two games. Goes off with a hamstring injury at Sheffield United. Makes a cryptic comment on his own social media about his injury - out for another six months. 
If he misses pre-season, it’ll take him a while to get up to speed…and that’ll mean another month or two before he’s effective.

Must be related to Liam walsh ?

6 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

If you took the time to listen to NP’s interviews you be up to date with his progress 

9 hours ago, grifty said:

I think we need to bin him off, waste of a wage sat on the physio table for a season and going to miss pre-season too.

Yep...........get rid.  Obviously a malingerer and shirker, who needs a spell in the Army to make him a man.  ?

11 hours ago, grifty said:

I think we need to bin him off, waste of a wage sat on the physio table for a season and going to miss pre-season too.

I doubt we will see him this season but i'm hopeful for the one after.

13 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Williams himself admitted that the injury on day one of last pre-season was partly his own fault, because if the situation at Wigan.  The players didn’t know what was happening as part of the administration and Williams didn’t keep his close-season levels up.

He then had set backs, before finally playing for us….before 2 games in 4 days did his hamstring in….for the season.

I can only guess that Rennie is running a bespoke pre-season for him.  Hopefully we will see him at Loughborough.

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you took the time to listen to NP’s interviews you be up to date with his 

I know from NP’s interview that he’s training separately but I’m referring to the situation last season when there were few clues about his injury situation…until he was finally ruled out for the season.

But I’m also perplexed why it’s taken him so long to recover from a hamstring injury in February. 

NP says he’ll be ‘fine for the start of the season’. Frankly, I’ll believe that when I see it. A bloke who’s been out for a year and misses normal pre-season surely won’t be ready, certainly not effective, for the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I wasn't wholly convinced by Pearson's comment that Williams will be back for the start of the season but I hope it's true!

I thought something was a bit odd when talking about Joe Williams.

He started to say something under his breath almost!

And what happened the last time he was rushed back and played 2 games in four days?

Ping goes his hamstring as he was not fit to play and was out for the rest of the season.

If Rennie wants him brought back to fitness his way after pretty much 15 months of no football then who are we to question it?

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

And what happened the last time he was rushed back and played 2 games in four days?

Ping goes his hamstring as he was not fit to play and was out for the rest of the season.

If Rennie wants him brought back to fitness his way after pretty much 15 months of no football then who are we to question it?

Spot on. We just need to be patient.

16 hours ago, firstdivision said:

It's no secret his injury was made worse by the previous medical team, hence them leaving the club

He's still regaining full fitness because of our previous medicals teams poor care

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

I'll tell you who we are...

we judge who we want, we judge who we wannnnn-t,

we're Bristol City fans, we judge who we want!♫

17 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I'll tell you who we are...

we judge who we want, we judge who we wannnnn-t,

we're Bristol City fans, we judge who we want!♫

Usually before we see a player….although not sure how that bit of the tune goes! ?

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

As talented as Williams may be, it's a racing cert it'll take him quite a while to get up to speed. Players who've been away for the game for that length of time rarely reach full effectiveness for months.

Unless your name's Dean Holden and you decide to start him twice in four days after a handful of U23 games. 

Archived