IGNORED

Joe Williams

B-Rizzle

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As talented as Williams may be, it's a racing cert it'll take him quite a while to get up to speed. Players who've been away for the game for that length of time rarely reach full effectiveness for months.

That's half our squad isn't it?!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

That's half our squad isn't it?!

Quite.

Thing with Williams is I see people draw up their teams for the upcoming season and slot his name in as if he'll return and be the player he was before the two lengthy injuries. 

He may be - eventually. But it's going to take a while for him to regain his form. 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite.

Thing with Williams is I see people draw up their teams for the upcoming season and slot his name in as if he'll return and be the player he was before the two lengthy injuries. 

He may be - eventually. But it's going to take a while for him to regain his form. 

Yep, will take a while to get the rustiness out, once he is fit to return.  Hoping he’s ready to be involved at Loughborough, even if not for matches yet.

Its a squad game too.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite.

I posted a similar message when people were excited about Walsh and Williams returning. Weimann didn't look any rustier than the rest yesterday but Williams lay off has been Weimann x2, back to back with a brief moment of fitness in between.

Ps I'm glad I spotted my autocorrect changed rustier to tastier, which would have been a strange observation...

17 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite.

Long lay off, then 2 games in a couple of days. That old set up was cavalier at best.

The new torture team, sorry fitness staff fill me with real hope. Rennie looks as though he enjoys what he does too. I said before, if Simpson is saying it's the hardest pre-season he's had, then I'd expect the team to be very fit. That is part one of staying fit. Then the care and attention I would expect to be better too. When you see Joe Bryan moaning about the state of his hamstrings when he left here, it goes a way to explain our problems. 

I am looking forward to seeing Williams, but I would rather wait and get back a fully fit & firing JW than see him break down again. Form is a different thing, and as you say, could be a different schedule .

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Mentioned in Tommy Conways video on City’s Twitter that Williams had his first proper session back, sounds like with ball as well not just the fitness work with team 

Yeah, good news. 

Hopefully not too far away from full fitness.

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Mentioned in Tommy Conways video on City’s Twitter that Williams had his first proper session back, sounds like with ball as well not just the fitness work with team 

I’d certainly imagine he’s been doing as intense fitness work as the rest of them, with the medical team just managing the load bing put through whatever his problem muscles are. 

Archived