IGNORED

August away games travel

22A

For those travelling by train, you won't go from Temple Meads.

Bristol Temple Meads is being closed in August whilst Bristol East Junction is remodelled, with many trains stopping short at either Parkway or Bath for bus connections.

from 6th August some services, and in particular the Parkway to WSM stoppers, are being diverted making an interesting non-stop run from Lawrence Hill or Stapleton Road to Bedminster!

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting, so we've just had a year and a half of virtually no rail service and as soon as they start it back up again they close Temple meads. 

Same on the roads, a golden opportunity to get major works done, but no, leave it until they get busy again. Cones everywhere on pretty much all major roads I frequent. Just in time for the kids' summer holidays as well. Anchors.

15 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Can't see it effecting the hoards of Bristol City followers heading to away games.

Middlesborough TOO FAR,and can't see many going but I'll be there though.I might even get the plane there

Reading and cardiff easier to drive, although I will still go  by train

You sure that’s wise? 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Looks like this thread is good for a moan so here we go...... When will the bloody roadworks on the ring road by Kingswood be done been going on forever ffs!

Driven to London a few times recently, the worst, I swear there were speed restrictions from Swindon to the M25, where there were speed restrictions ?

You would think all these things could have been almost finished in the 18 month where people were sadly travelling. 

Anyway, back to away games.
I really fancy FGR but after that I'm struggling . M'boro looks like £180 on the train. Not sure I can be bothered with rail replacement for Reading & I'm away for Cardiff. Gutted about Cardiff , but busy time. I'm glad they brought the Swansea game forward otherwise I would have missed that too.

On 15/07/2021 at 17:16, Pezo said:

Interesting, so we've just had a year and a half of virtually no rail service and as soon as they start it back up again they close Temple meads. 

Virtually a year of no train services ? 
Train staff have been working from the very start and throughout the pandemic. Services were kept running for our critical and key workers. Currently have massive issues with the failing track and trace system which should hopefully improve come mid August. 
Now most of you are back out and about, come and support us by using the trains. 

1 hour ago, Redemption said:

Virtually a year of no train services ? 
Train staff have been working from the very start and throughout the pandemic. Services were kept running for our critical and key workers. Currently have massive issues with the failing track and trace system which should hopefully improve come mid August. 
Now most of you are back out and about, come and support us by using the trains. 

Because the prices are astronomically high.

On 15/07/2021 at 17:23, The Original OTIB said:

Same on the roads, a golden opportunity to get major works done, but no, leave it until they get busy again. Cones everywhere on pretty much all major roads I frequent. Just in time for the kids' summer holidays as well. Anchors.

I have it from a good source that N Somerset saw lockdown as an opportunity to get things done and brought forward a lot of their resurfacing programme, others such as BCC didn't through a mixture of furlough etc..

On 16/07/2021 at 08:27, Super said:

Looks like this thread is good for a moan so here we go...... When will the bloody roadworks on the ring road by Kingswood be done been going on forever ffs!

Apparently they are doing every roundabout on the Ring Road over the next couple of years...It could take a fair while to say the least !!!

4 hours ago, Paul G said:

I have it from a good source that N Somerset saw lockdown as an opportunity to get things done and brought forward a lot of their resurfacing programme, others such as BCC didn't through a mixture of furlough etc..

As did Devon Highways. They did all the work renewing the sewers on the Roborough link into Plymouth during lockdown which saved hours of chaos and tailbacks. Well done to them.

Got a leaflet from my local station about what's happening with the temple meads closure

7/8 Blackpool game only trains running are between Bristol temple meads and Taunton all other lines into Bristol are closed bus from bath and parkway, if you do the seven beach line in its bus from Lawrence hill

20/8 Swansea game the only line closed is template meads to bath all other lines are open, it's ever bus from bath or stay on your train to filton and change for a train to template meads from there if u are come from that way, 

The Preston and Luton games don't have any lines closed,

25/9 Fulham bus replace trains between parkway and temple meads and trains between filton and bath don't stop a temple meads, 

On 16/07/2021 at 00:16, Pezo said:

on a positive side is it not great that you are now talking about away travel. Good luck to you and I wish you all and looking at City wins away from home this coming season

Archived