IGNORED

Men's Jeans

Shaun Taylor

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Any guys in their 40's+ got any recommendations for decent loose fitting Jeans without costing the earth as I'm struggling to find any other than skinny or slim fit.

George at Asda straight with stretch, £14.

You can't try them on and the fit varies a bit. I bought 3 pairs recently, 2 of which are the best fits I've had for years, the other one a bit less so, but OK and will do for gardening.

Range of colours - I bought blue, black and grey.

Quality is surprisingly good, bargain imo.

27 minutes ago, City oz said:

Mr Big jeans in OZ for me.

image.png.7a437d3a2083b06826f6c6d842fee8ae.png

Big sizes up tp 9 XXL. I am a 4 XXL and buy at least two pairs every year. I tell the missues that the extra size is required in the front and not the waist. Not sure why she keeps laughing at me though.

On 16/07/2021 at 03:39, Shaun Taylor said:

Any guys in their 40's+ got any recommendations for decent loose fitting Jeans without costing the earth as I'm struggling to find any other than skinny or slim fit.

I like these better.

image.jpeg.9004b50fbf958861b47b885087fc5060.jpeg

About two years ago the incredibly skinny jeans were a thing for gentlemen. That fashion seems to have passed thankfully. Some of my London connections tell me that ridiculously massive jeans are all the rage in Shoreditch at the moment. That and crop tops for men. I always doubt that these fads will take off but then they go and become a thing. Good luck if they do fellas, you're going to look like idiots ?

9 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

About two years ago the incredibly skinny jeans were a thing for gentlemen. That fashion seems to have passed thankfully. Some of my London connections tell me that ridiculously massive jeans are all the rage in Shoreditch at the moment. That and crop tops for men. I always doubt that these fads will take off but then they go and become a thing. Good luck if they do fellas, you're going to look like idiots ?

Well that's Tomlin buggered.

On 02/08/2021 at 19:50, Shaun Taylor said:

No doubt cheaper materials used 

Oddly, yes.

As explained to me by one of the blokes in Dulay down Broadmead (which, incidentally is the best place for the average person to buy jeans and they have a huge selection and know their fit/sizing so just say the sort of thing you want and within a couple of minutes, they'll have half a dozen pairs for you to try).

As for the cheaper materials, I was told that in Europe/rest of the world (bar, basically the deep south of the states), the clothes are fashion items, in some of the southern states they are still seen as workwear.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, yes.

As explained to me by one of the blokes in Dulay down Broadmead (which, incidentally is the best place for the average person to buy jeans and they have a huge selection and know their fit/sizing so just say the sort of thing you want and within a couple of minutes, they'll have half a dozen pairs for you to try).

As for the cheaper materials, I was told that in Europe/rest of the world (bar, basically the deep south of the states), the clothes are fashion items, in some of the southern states they are still seen as workwear.

Cheers Rob I wasn't aware of Dulay down so next time I'm in Bristol I will check them out.

Archived