IGNORED

Under 23's

Gillies Downs Leeds

Off over to watch City U23's play Paulton Rovers tomorrow afternoon. 1st live footy fix of this year. Looking forward to seeing potential stars of the future. I wonder who will be in charge tomorrow with Alex Ball at Loughborough with the 1st team. Francois, Benarous and Soady included in the squad. 

Then next Wednesday will pop over and see what Cardiff under 23's are like as they are up Paulton as well.

Two Nil to City at half time. Game played at a decent tempo for a friendly. Joe Low with a towering header at the far post and Benerous with a left foot finish. Francois the best player on the pitch playing wide left and cutting inside onto his right foot. Looks like a new XI for the 2nd half. Interesting thing is that most clubs play the same system through the levels. I know it is only a friendly but City are playing 3-4-3.

40 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Two Nil to City at half time. Game played at a decent tempo for a friendly. Joe Low with a towering header at the far post and Benerous with a left foot finish. Francois the best player on the pitch playing wide left and cutting inside onto his right foot. Looks like a new XI for the 2nd half. Interesting thing is that most clubs play the same system through the levels. I know it is only a friendly but City are playing 3-4-3.

Gary Probert or Trevor Challis (U18 coach) are presumably there today?           

To be fair with so many having gone to Loughborough then maybe the formation is influenced by who is available?

Gary Probert was there. Pretty sure Micky Bell was there, I was behind the goal In the shade but it looked like him on the touchline. Finished 3 nil goal in the last minute, not sure who scored that one. Good competitive runout, 3 bookings, 2 for city. Shows that it was competitive for a pre season friendly. Francois the standout closely followed by Soady who played as the left sided central defender in the 3.

4 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Gary Probert was there. Pretty sure Micky Bell was there, I was behind the goal In the shade but it looked like him on the touchline. Finished 3 nil goal in the last minute, not sure who scored that one. Good competitive runout, 3 bookings, 2 for city. Shows that it was competitive for a pre season friendly. Francois the standout closely followed by Soady who played as the left sided central defender in the 3.

Seb Palmer-Holden, according to Paulton's website.

15 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Trevor Challis, Micky Bell and Ali Hines were the coaching team for the day.

Yhat seems to be the best option for some of the younger playwrs in the group, being that local means they can still get the higher level of training with us most of the week, and then a proper competitive game of football the rest of the time.

54 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

One thing I did forget to mention is that the Bath City coaching team were at the game and left after about 65 mins when City substituted the whole team. Would expect at least one of the starters yesterday to go on loan to Bath 

They watch at basically any chance just to keep an updated idea on what young players city have 

Just back from watching Paulton v Cardiff under 23's. Paulton won 3-2 and created as many chances as Cardiff. Whereas Paulton struggled to get the ball off of City in Saturday, Cardiff were turning over the ball for fun. City played passing football on Saturday whereas Cardiff were pretty much long ball. They must have been offside over a dozen times. They did look physically bigger than what City's team did but are a long way behind our young 'uns on what I have seen over the past few days

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Just back from watching Paulton v Cardiff under 23's. Paulton won 3-2 and created as many chances as Cardiff. Whereas Paulton struggled to get the ball off of City in Saturday, Cardiff were turning over the ball for fun. City played passing football on Saturday whereas Cardiff were pretty much long ball. They must have been offside over a dozen times. They did look physically bigger than what City's team did but are a long way behind our young 'uns on what I have seen over the past few days

Did Antoine’s brother play?

1 hour ago, redpole said:

Is there anywhere that has the u23 friendly fixtures for the next few weeks? 

• Friday, July 30th – Hungerford Town (A, 7.45pm)
  • Tuesday, August 3rd – Yate Town (A, 7.45pm)
  • Tuesday, August 10th – Taunton Town (A, 7.45pm)

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see the U23's are 1-0 up at Hungerford at HT. I don't know anything about who's playing or scored.

That would be National League South Hungerford Town who play in the same league as Havant and Waterlooville………

If Joey needs an extra competitive game next week we could send our 23’s up the Mem.

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That would be National League South Hungerford Town who play in the same league as Havant and Waterlooville………

If Joey needs an extra competitive game next week we could send our 23’s up the Mem.

and risk infecting our squad with what ever mutations they have developed over the years??? no thanks

Quite a few. I didn’t recognise some of the players, but Towler and Moore made up 2 of the back 3. Pearson and Janneh wing backs. Britton and Conway up top. Marlee Francios and Benyous in midfield. 
Janneh got moved up top towards the end. Has he played lwb before? An experiment maybe??? Goalie (Harvey Wiles-whatsi) looked good too - looks a bit on the short side though. 
another note on Pearson - he looked as fit a butchers dog, and was running hard right til the end, which I’m sure Big Nige will have loved. 

Archived