IGNORED

Welcome to the Select Car Leasing Stadium ?

exAtyeoMax

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

A few others that come to mind.

Coventry - Coventry Building Society stadium.

Southampton the Saints just south down the road from us. - St Marys,s sounds like a blody church.

Brighton - Falmer stadium. I had a pair of those jeans in the 70,s.

Peterborough - London Road ??

Oldham - Boundry Park sounds like a cricket ground to me.

Cant see much stupid with most of those.... 

26 minutes ago, City oz said:

Southampton the Saints just south down the road from us. - St Marys,s sounds like a blody church.

Southampton’s stadium name is incredibly appropriate and a real nod to their history - Southampton FC was founded in 1885 at St Mary’s Church by members of the St Mary’s Church of England Young Men’s Association. St Mary’s is also the name of an inner city area within Southampton and the football club was first called St Mary’s when it was founded and then Southampton St Mary’s - their current stadium name could hardly be more appropriate ...

24 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Cant see much stupid with most of those.... 

no sense of humour then at your place on a Sunday morning. I here its going to be hot today, go too the pub and down a full coldies.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Southampton’s stadium name is incredibly appropriate and a real nod to their history - Southampton FC was founded in 1885 at St Mary’s Church by members of the St Mary’s Church of England Young Men’s Association. St Mary’s is also the name of an inner city area within Southampton and the football club was first called St Mary’s when it was founded and then Southampton St Mary’s - their current stadium name could hardly be more appropriate ...

Thank you and history is so relevant 

1 hour ago, City oz said:

No longer called London Road. It’s the Weston Homes stadium. 

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The County Ground not Ashton Gate ?

Oh my mistake, last time I visited that s**thole on the day you apparently won the league my seat wasn't properly secured and was more like a rocking chair and there was one toilet and small urinal for about 500 of us hope I never have to go there again ever. you deserve better.

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

Oh my mistake, last time I visited that s**thole on the day you apparently won the league my seat wasn't properly secured and was more like a rocking chair and there was one toilet and small urinal for about 500 of us hope I never have to go there again ever. you deserve better.

I didn't think anyone sat down anymore but I get your point the facilities on offer are shocking and not up to scratch. You wouldn't believe we had 32,000 in there against Arsenal in 1972

45 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I didn't think anyone sat down anymore but I get your point the facilities on offer are shocking and not up to scratch. You wouldn't believe we had 32,000 in there against Arsenal in 1972

Really! was the ground a bit different then? I suppose in the good old days when we could stand if we wanted to the capacity would have been higher, I mean Ashton gate once held over 40,000 hoping one day we will be able to stand at games again, even at my age I would still prefer that.

18 minutes ago, pillred said:

Really! was the ground a bit different then? I suppose in the good old days when we could stand if we wanted to the capacity would have been higher, I mean Ashton gate once held over 40,000 hoping one day we will be able to stand at games again, even at my age I would still prefer that.

Yes record crowd is 32,000 v Arsenal in a FA Cup match in 1972. The Arkells would have been smaller then as the seats didn't go down to the pitch (similar to your original Dolman) the Town End & Stratton bank exactly the same but all standing and the Shriven Road stand was terracing with some seating above. Also no segregation in those days.

I've in Ashton Gate when it was 36,000 back in the late 70's 

we may not be liked but they can't take away our history 

On 18/07/2021 at 07:31, GTFABM said:

I don’t know what sort of money would be made by City for the sponsor rights to ashton gate, but if it goes towards FFP and means we can compete even a little better financially then i think it will happen.

£1-2m per season I expect, could fall with Covid but maybe catch at the right time and maybe it rises a bit as the economy recovers- it all helps and tbh it's out of our hands either way.

Pretty sure fans would still call it Ashton Gate for some time to come...

In theory, we could sell off the naming rights to the Ground, each stand, the Training Ground- could there be separate deals for the Club Shop, Sports Bar and Grill or would they be covered by the Ground- but there would be a lot of scope for deals to be done if we go down that road.

I even wonder if, better value might not be gained from selling exclusivity of naming rights to one company, perhaps with multiple branches and subsidiaries- each stand, the stadium and anything else they care to name could have the naming rights of the overall company/group but a different subsidiary and maybe get a bit more cash that way.

Archived