IGNORED

Ben White

Philly The Kid

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lots of dollar for Brighton's third best CB according to the general consensus of their fans

What a fantastic signing, brilliant business by Arsenal to finally snaffle a quality central defender, which they have been missing for some years.   I remember seeing him play for Leeds when they beat us 3-1  in August 2019.........and although it was only Championship level, he stood out  as an outstanding footballer who was bound to play at the highest level ......i think 50 mill is a snip considering he is only 23.   As for previously being 3rd best at Brighton?  Someones 'avin a laugh...Ha! ?     

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What a fantastic signing, brilliant business by Arsenal to finally snaffle a quality central defender, which they have been missing for some years.   I remember seeing him play for Leeds when they beat us 3-1  in August 2019.........and although it was only Championship level, he stood out  as an outstanding footballer who was bound to play at the highest level ......i think 50 mill is a snip considering he is only 23.   As for previously being 3rd best at Brighton?  Someones 'avin a laugh...Ha! ?     

Personally think Arsenal need a  Dunk or Webster. Seriously lacking leadership. White is very good but they need experience 

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I remember that too - wasn’t that the game when the Dolman and half the South Stand literally starting walking  out after about 70 mins or so when we went 0-3 down? That was dreadful - our support was embarrassing that day and so early in the season too ...

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Personally think Arsenal need a  Dunk or Webster. Seriously lacking leadership. White is very good but they need experience 

Surprised Dunk hasn’t moved up at least a little bit. Still time but 29 now so less likely.

Anyway, agree about the leaders bit for Arsenal. Get some Bristol City from last season vibes with them. They obviously have a lot more talent but they seem less fit and mentally strong than most teams in the division. Ben White I think is an upgrade but is he ready for this massive challenge? Tough task

Webster would also have been a good signing, but I think that's a good bit of business from Arsenal. They badly needed a talented centre back that knows the league and is English for their home grown quota. Time on his side too. Think Webster may well get a similar move in a years time.

But to answer the question, no they won't be coming in for Kalas. Doesn't fit the mould and isn't good enough.

20 hours ago, Phillythe kid said:

BBC reporting £50m deal agreed between Brighton and Arsenal...

Any thoughts as to whether Brighton might fancy Kalas?

A good stopper but not at the same level as Dunk/Webster/White. I think White will probably do really well for Arsenal and should force himself into an England starting spot within a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Fits the f.a set up Harry another Mr nice guy.

Based on what?

Lampard did very well with the youngsters at Chelsea. Could see him being a great fit for England, another one who’s been there and knows the pressures

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

Arsenal have, on paper at least, signed very good defenders in the past. They some how manage to train that out of them time and time again.

Personally, when you consider Tomori signed for Milan for about £20m, I think Brighton have had Arsenal’s pants down for £50m for White!

5 minutes ago, joshthomson said:

Absolutely ridiculous money!!! Utter madness!

For Man City it's the price of a back up full back. The need to compete with the likes of them and Chelsea will keep prices inflated.

Meanwhile Premier League clubs have been pleading poverty.

23 hours ago, The Bard said:

Dunk is 29 going on Thirty....Arsenal are looking for longevity, after signing too many ageing Centre backs?      Webster has barely more experience than  White?  I didn't see Dunk or Webster called up to the England squad?   I respect your opinion, but your wrong.  ?

19 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Based on what?

Lampard did very well with the youngsters at Chelsea. Could see him being a great fit for England, another one who’s been there and knows the pressures

Need someone that's not afraid to stand up to the old gits on the f.a that's why we never win anything they couldn't handle the likes of clough or Harry Redknapp.

8 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Need someone that's not afraid to stand up to the old gits on the f.a that's why we never win anything they couldn't handle the likes of clough or Harry Redknapp.

How do we know Lampard won't? And what do they need to stand up for? What has Southgate agreed to that hasn't benefitted the team?

Just sounds like a typical thing to say that in reality doesn't really mean anything. There's no guarentee a "Clough or Harry Redknapp" would have any better results, we had Allerdyce who probably fits that mould and he was a dodgy git. Rather have someone like Southgate who seems like a decent honest bloke

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

How do we know Lampard won't? And what do they need to stand up for? What has Southgate agreed to that hasn't benefitted the team?

Just sounds like a typical thing to say that in reality doesn't really mean anything. There's no guarentee a "Clough or Harry Redknapp" would have any better results, we had Allerdyce who probably fits that mould and he was a dodgy git. Rather have someone like Southgate who seems like a decent honest bloke

All about opinions but hes too much like lee johnson afraid to lose never had so much of an attacking threat that he didn't use often enough defended for most of the final and never changed it till it was too late.

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

Dunk is 29 going on Thirty....Arsenal are looking for longevity, after signing too many ageing Centre backs?      Webster has barely more experience than  White?  I didn't see Dunk or Webster called up to the England squad?   I respect your opinion, but your wrong.  ?

I respect your opinion but you're wrong. 

Arsenal are hardly stacked full of leaders are they?

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Harry was hardly a massive winner. 1 play off final and an FA cup.

Southgate has made a Euro's final and WC semi.  

18 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Arsenal have, on paper at least, signed very good defenders in the past. They some how manage to train that out of them time and time again.

Personally, when you consider Tomori signed for Milan for about £20m, I think Brighton have had Arsenal’s pants down for £50m for White!

I'd say that's great business from Milan, got him on a loan first with the option to buy so got to see how he'd suit Serie A. £50m is fair enough, selling to someone in their own league that needs a more specific profile of centre back than Milan did.

I'm interested to see how Arsenal get on this season, making some shrewd signings and not got European football to distract them from the league, might be a surprise package. Although it is Arsenal, you'd expect some comedy somewhere down the line.

Archived