IGNORED

Robbie Cundy - Loughborough

Davefevs

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Have rather enjoyed the video updates. Not sure who decided to do them, but it has been an interesting insight. No benchmark to compare to , but they do all seem to be enjoying it . I am looking forward to seeing a fitter group of players too. 

Shouldn't be too difficult, as last season set the bar very low!

8 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Have rather enjoyed the video updates. Not sure who decided to do them, but it has been an interesting insight. No benchmark to compare to , but they do all seem to be enjoying it . I am looking forward to seeing a fitter group of players too. 

I wonder whether Pearson has encouraged it. It's pretty clear from how he's given interviews like that one a few weeks ago that he believes fans need to be kept in the loop on things. 

I'm just speculating here but perhaps less experienced managers like Holden and Johnson were overly cautious about tactical information "leaking". 

Fans obviously enjoy this content so I hope they are able to keep it up throughout the season. 

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wonder whether Pearson has encouraged it. It's pretty clear from how he's given interviews like that one a few weeks ago that he believes fans need to be kept in the loop on things. 

I'm just speculating here but perhaps less experienced managers like Holden and Johnson were overly cautious about tactical information "leaking". 

Fans obviously enjoy this content so I hope they are able to keep it up throughout the season. 

It probably stops inbound transfer speculation a bit too.

The media team do produce excellent video stuff….tweets they let themselves down sometimes, but the video stuff is good.  I don’t see other teams putting out daily stuff like this.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It probably stops inbound transfer speculation a bit too.

The media team do produce excellent video stuff….tweets they let themselves down sometimes, but the video stuff is good.  I don’t see other teams putting out daily stuff like this.

Yeah I agree. I know Ryan Morgan is basically responsible for the social media and video is clearly his forte. He can edit nicely and the more educational stuff (interviews and even 'day in a life' videos) are really good content.

They still get the "funny" tweets wrong far too consistently for my liking but it's generally better than it was 2 years ago. 

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a little unfair to make it sound like Holden and LJ didn't do this, Holden didn't do any last summer because of COVID so we don't if he would have or not. LJ used to try and blind us with science a couple times each pre season - so he did do some.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder what the plans for him are this season- loan out, loan with view to sell- or actually get a crack at competing for a first team place?

Got to be get a crack surely. We only have 3 in competition with each other at the minute. His next step should be this level imo. Treat him like a new signing and ease him into championship football. Baker has poor injury record so surely be some minutes available. Kalas also has a game where he may suffer an impact injury here and there. 

Got to sympathise with players that get injured during pre-season. All the fit players get a fresh chance to establish themselves and the injured lads just go further back the pecking order. A fit Cundy would have had a great chance of breaking through but alas he is running out of time.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder what the plans for him are this season- loan out, loan with view to sell- or actually get a crack at competing for a first team place?

I make him fourth pick CB, behind Kalas, Atkinson and Baker, but ahead of Moore and Vyner. He should be in and around the matchday squads IMO

24 minutes ago, tin said:

I make him fourth pick CB, behind Kalas, Atkinson and Baker, but ahead of Moore and Vyner. He should be in and around the matchday squads IMO

Agree. I think Moore may end up at a league 1 side. Vyner is earmarked to play right back.

Archived