IGNORED

Mick Harford - UPDATED: Great bit of news.

Davefevs

Sincere hopes for a quick and full recovery.  I believe MH is 62 or thereabouts.   I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer when I was 67, had my prostrate removed when 69 and made a full recovery.  Am now 77 and would suggest that MH should not be too concerned with a prostatectomy.  Some hospitals (mine was Canterbury) are equipped with the "da Vinci" system which removes the need for invasive surgery.  I spent only one night in hospital and have no scars or any problems.  Another point is that 80% of men aged 80 have prostrate cancer.  They go on to die WITH it but not OF it.  Sorry to go on but MH should not worry too much as there are alternative treatments such as bracotherapy and I would recommend that he reads up on the altenatives to radiotherapy.  I am not trying to belittle this cancer - it is a very worrying time and one we can do without so no-one should delay in seeking treatment.  It is not a nice time and you leave your dignity at the hospital door!  Good luck Mick and don't be afraid to talk about it!  You are not alone!

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Mick Harford - UPDATED: Great bit of news.