IGNORED

Will we sign a new centre forward by 7th August or

Roadrunner

1 hour ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Exactly he was Chelsea’s top scorer with 15 Premiership goals in Lampards last season and Joint top scorer overall this year despite not featuring in the League since December ?I swear some people just invent stuff in there head

he isn’t playing because the German mafia is in town and Werner is being favoured 

His next move to Villa or West Ham will see him take off again 

You swear some people “just invent stuff in their head” then you proclaim the ‘German mafia is in town’ ??- and if you’d read my post you’d have seen that I said Tammy will probably reappear at a club like Villa or West Ham - so you agree with me?! ? I also mentioned other potential destinations for him including Newcastle, Palace, Brighton and Everton ... so I stand by my post that said Tammy hasn’t progressed in the way many people thought he would - and if you think his next club will be Villa or West Ham then you obviously agree - because joining either of those ain’t a step up from Chelsea ... oh, and the “Premiership” hasn’t existed for years and years and years and in the season that ended recently, the Chelsea midfielder Jorginho scored more league goals than Tammy despite your claim he was joint top scorer - perhaps the “German mafia” was behind that too?! 

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

My feeling is that we'll need to sell in order to buy, hence a player sale may be the best indication of us bringing in a new striker.

As Pearson has kind of alluded to, it looks like there aren't many (realistically attainable) free agents available who look likely to really improve us.

At the moment, I'm not convinced that sale will take place.

I reckon we've got five saleable assets (or at least, saleable for a price that might get us a proven striker).

Of those five, Dasilva has been injured all season, Semenyo has been injured all summer, speculation on Bentley has gone quiet since March and both Kalas and Nagy haven't even had any rumours of clubs wanting to take them.

I'll be fine if we keep all five and don't get a striker but I would understand if a striker was the priority and we cashed in. But the opportunities to cash in don't even seem to be there right now...

17 hours ago, maxjak said:

To be fair BS4 has a valid point..........Tammy has become a bit part player,   although you are quite right about Engerland caps and CHAMP league.   But I among many others felt he would become an established international and Premier League fixture in a top side?  But it just hasn't happened for Tammy,   i still feel that if he can sign for the right club/manager he can still become a top player, and maybe even get back in the Engerland squad.   He's a top bloke, and I wish him well.       

Chelsea fans dont rate him at all, think he needs to drop a level slightly  (lower-mid prem) and get game time like Lingard did to re-juvenate his career.

On 20/07/2021 at 03:56, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's a season of consolidation.

A new striker, if reasonably successful, may push us from 13th to 11th, but we're certainly not going to challenge for the play offs either way.

With Weimann re-signing, and promising youngsters like Conway, a new striker is likely to be part of the next stage of the rebuild, if thought necessary at that stage.

Personally want to see  Conway getting games, rather than a new striker, which is always a gamble anyway.

I broadly agree. Sure if we can get another forward that’s better than what we have at the right cost ok, but my personal opinion is we have a plethora of forwards, if we continue as we have, blocking the pathway, the club policy begins to implode and we end up with a bloated squad playing crap football. Which we have. 

The wild card is, is there anyone interested in Semenyo or one of the youngsters.? 

54 minutes ago, Redwood Robin said:

Martin

Wells

Semenyo

Weimann

Conway

Britton

Janneh

Bell

Edwards

How many in a selection do we need? And how many youngsters do we loan out...and do we really need any recruitment?

Well, Edwards is a winger so forget him.

Semenyo has scored 2 goals in 58 games (28 starts) for us so I doubt Nige sees him as a striker.

I like Conway & would keep him around the squad but realistically he’s not going to suddenly play regularly at Championship level yet, Bell & Janneh have 1 goal (at L2 level) in senior football between them, Britton, as well as being injured is rumoured to be unwilling to sign a deal.

Suddenly we are down to the 3 experienced players, Martin, Wells & Weimann, & the latter is often used in an attacking midfield/wide role.

Not ideal but expect a couple to go on loan whether we sign someone or not.

1 hour ago, Redwood Robin said:

Martin

Wells

Semenyo

Weimann

Conway

Britton

Janneh

Bell

Edwards

How many in a selection do we need? And how many youngsters do we loan out...and do we really need any recruitment?

I think that is pretty weak in quality for the Championship. 

Apparently French football is in dire straits financially due partly to covid but also because they sold the TV rights to a company that had assets of £4.50 cash, 3 berets and a string of onions. Unfortunate as that situation is I think there could be some gems to be had at bargain basement prices, plus we’ve shopped there before. 
Send Nige over to the hyper marche with a minivan I reckon!

42 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Apparently French football is in dire straits financially due partly to covid but also because they sold the TV rights to a company that had assets of £4.50 cash, 3 berets and a string of onions. Unfortunate as that situation is I think there could be some gems to be had at bargain basement prices, plus we’ve shopped there before. 
Send Nige over to the hyper marche with a minivan I reckon!

Aren't we after a winger from PSG..... 

Archived