IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey

Red Army 75

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hopefully we will see Joe Williams for a bit of the 2nd half. I expect Nagy to play too if Massengo has a knock. Hopefully a bit more like the last 30 minutes line up from the last game. Plenty of energy.

Only a friendly of course but I thought in the last game everyone worked hard almost like it was a competitive game. Obviously they are fighting for a place in the side. Try telling all those young players it's only a friendly.

We had a pretty good defensive shape throughout….James v.good positionally as the predominantly deeper one of him and King.

54 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

2nd pre season fixture 2pm kick off. Will we see Joe Williams make a appearance 

Thanks Red Army - I assumed it was an evening game.

As I’m stuck at home with the Rona that’s my afternoon sorted.

Not in the 23:

Wiles-Richards

Kalas - Int duty return

Towler

Cundy - returning from injury 

Morton

Semenyo - returning from injury 

O’Dowda 

Edwards

Scott - self isolating

Massengo

Wells - int duty return

Bell

Brought in:

Joe Low

Ayman Benarous

Marlee Francois 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Interesting. Wonder how they will line up. Looks like Dasilva could be on the wing. Weimann right and Palmer in behind Martin maybe.

Think the way the line up has been listed in formation makes that pretty clear.

Presumably taking the opportunity to look at both Nurse & Pring today to decide on cover LB.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not in the 23:

Wiles-Richards

Kalas - Int duty return

Towler

Morton

O’Dowda 

Edwards

Scott - self isolating

Massengo

Wells - int duty return

Bell

Brought in:

Joe Low

Ayman Benarous

Marlee Francois 

Didn't realise Scott was isolating

George Nurse looks to have secured his future at City (was close to signing for Cheltenham a few weeks ago). Looks a steady player. 

Interested to see Dasilva as a wide midfielder. Could do very well in that role. 

The Bakinson and James midfield could be genius. Both play a similar role, but could understand each other perfectly. 

IMO, this is what pre-season is all about. Experiment and see what works. This is the correct time to try new things. Unfortunately, in past year we have tried to experiment mid-season instead.

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

George Nurse looks to have secured his future at City (was close to signing for Cheltenham a few weeks ago). Looks a steady player. 

Interested to see Dasilva as a wide midfielder. Could do very well in that role. 

The Bakinson and James midfield could be genius. Both play a similar role, but could understand each other perfectly. 

IMO, this is what pre-season is all about. Experiment and see what works. This is the correct time to try new things. Unfortunately, in past year we have tried to experiment mid-season instead.

Bakinson with a “leader” alongside him is what he missed last season.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson with a “leader” alongside him is what he missed last season.

I really like Bakinson, Possesses everything required to play at the highest level. 

The only thing missing, is the confidence of knowing someone will cover him when he breaks forward with the ball. 

Last season at times, he looked like he was set to burst forward, but stopped and played safe instead. 

Hopefully with the likes of Matty James and the returning Joe Williams, we will see Bakinson showcase his skills. 

Predicting a big season from him. 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not in the 23:

Wiles-Richards

Kalas - Int duty return

Towler

Morton

O’Dowda 

Edwards

Scott - self isolating

Massengo

Wells - int duty return

Bell

Brought in:

Joe Low

Ayman Benarous

Marlee Francois 

Good post, was just trying to figure some of these out. Louis Britton also? He has a knock iirc?

Archived