IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

Seeing the reply of the goal 3 or 4 times now Max should have got that easily he was very poor. His distribution has been poor today as well 

Said earlier, I think he's gambled on the header being directed low and to one side of him so he's stayed low and ready to dive either side, can't then get up to the ball headed high in the goal.

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

Seeing the reply of the goal 3 or 4 times now Max should have got that easily he was very poor. His distribution has been poor today as well 

Doesn't give you confidence over him being Bentley's #2.

Lots of 'nearly' moments for Palmer in that first half, working hard and growing into the game without really achieving much... I know it sounds really weird but its something I've thought of for  a while, I'd love to see Dasilva given a go in that Number 10 position. Think he's got such a low centre of gravity he would glide past players and create a lot of space for others, clearly a very intelligent player and is technically fantastic. Also got a bit of bite in him as well, we will never see it but would be interested to see what he can do there

I like Martin but has looked a yard off it so far, maybe needs somebody playing closer to him.

Nurse seems very very nervous as his touch has let him down a few times, however has done ok positionally last 20 minutes and did whip in a fantastic ball.

Edit - This was typed before the 2nd goal as had assumed it would be half time so got a brew...

O’Leary’s kicking is shocking, nurse isn’t good enough at left back, we have zero pace going forward. I also can’t really see many players performing their individual roles to maximum capability Meaning overall as a team, it’s been pretty dire.

only matty James and possibly Palmer come out of that half with half decent performances. Maybe atkinson but even he let the trialist get across him for the first goal

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Said earlier, I think he's gambled on the header being directed low and to one side of him so he's stayed low and ready to dive either side, can't then get up to the ball headed high in the goal.

Said all all along he's not good enough

Archived