IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

O’Leary’s kicking is shocking, nurse isn’t good enough at left back, we have zero pace going forward. I also can’t really see many players performing their individual roles to maximum capability Meaning overall as a team, it’s been pretty dire.

only matty James and possibly Palmer come out of that half with half decent performances. Maybe atkinson but even he let the trialist get across him for the first goal

O’Leary struggling, maybe the heat but the Pompey keeper seems far superiority.

2 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

O’Leary’s kicking is shocking, nurse isn’t good enough at left back, we have zero pace going forward. I also can’t really see many players performing their individual roles to maximum capability Meaning overall as a team, it’s been pretty dire.

only matty James and possibly Palmer come out of that half with half decent performances. Maybe atkinson but even he let the trialist get across him for the first goal

Agree re Max’s kicking. Really needs to improve.

Lets not be too quick to judge Nurse. Did well v Celtic and now up against a talented Harness.

Think Ahabme (7 Trialist) peeled off the back of Baker, looks like Atkinson’s fault as he’s nearer when the header comes in, but Baker has got caught watching the crosser. Probably poor comms from both and keeper.

Its only the second preseason game but I was concerned before those games that we lack creativity to move the ball further up the pitch. We seem to have the same issues as last season and that's worrying me. We can be the fittest team in the league but without a player that bring us out of our half were going to use that energy chasing shadows this season. 

Martin is too slow on his own, we lack real pace and movement. Kasey really tries hard but either drops too deep or gives away a foul. He's not the answer in my opinion. Still think we need either a lump to win headers or a pacey striker to make runs.

12 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Let’s not forgot our lads have been flogged for 5 days in this heat double sessions etc. 

im sure Pompey have worked hard but maybe not had a 5 day period like us. 

Strange timing this game.  I know it’s only a friendly but you’d never normally flog people for a week and ask them to play a game the next day. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree re Max’s kicking. Really needs to improve.

Lets not be too quick to judge Nurse. Did well v Celtic and now up against a talented Harness.

Think Ahabme (7 Trialist) peeled off the back of Baker, looks like Atkinson’s fault as he’s nearer when the header comes in, but Baker has got caught watching the crosser. Probably poor comms from both and keeper.

Cross come in too easily. From there think probably just good cross good movement good finish. 

I can’t envisage this being close to our first team though. Not a good mix at all. Martin isn’t to standard for me. Not in a good team anyway. He can’t press, he can’t run channels and isn’t big enough to be an effective target man. Not helping Palmer I don’t think

I know it's only pre-season and we've been told they're training games, but I'm slightly concerned I must admit.  We looked off it against Celtic and look off it again today.  Just like we did for the majority of games last season.  It cannot just be a coincidence. 

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I know it's only pre-season and we've been told they're training games, but I'm slightly concerned I must admit.  We looked off it against Celtic and look off it again today.  Just like we did for the majority of games last season.  It cannot just be a coincidence. 

I think the first priority is to get our players to a level of fitness required for Championship football. The football side of it is almost secondary until that happens. I would EXPECT us to get better as pre-season goes along and if not then maybe time to start wondering what is happening. If you run people into the ground, which we seem to be doing (three sessions a day, hardest pre-season ever according to Danny SImpson) then short term you lose sharpness and that affects you in matches.

Personally think we should be going with Weimann and wells up front with Palmer in behind and 3 midfielders sitting behind him. Semenyo isn’t fit and he’s our only true right winger if we are to play with wingers (o’dowda on left). Don’t want to see Weimann out wide of I’m honest 

Archived