IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey

Red Army 75

It wasn’t pretty early but I think NP has been focusing on fitness mostly the first few weeks. Think he said in his interview summing up Loughborough that they were just starting to work on things on the pitch.

Don’t think close to our best XI playing either. Semenyo, Nagy, O’Dowda, Massengo, Kalas and Wells to come into the side. Probably at least 3 starters there. Bentley for Max. 

I’d rather judge them a bit more starting with MK Dons. A lot of work to do but feel like there is more energy within the group. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

It wasn’t pretty early but I think NP has been focusing on fitness mostly the first few weeks. Think he said in his interview summing up Loughborough that they were just starting to work on things on the pitch.

Don’t think close to our best XI playing either. Semenyo, Nagy, O’Dowda, Massengo, Kalas and Wells to come into the side. Probably at least 3 starters there. Bentley for Max. 

I’d rather judge them a bit more starting with MK Dons. A lot of work to do but feel like there is more energy within the group. 

MK Don's will be the players who haven't played today, getting 90 into their legs.

Judge at Villa, although tough test.

Early thoughts from the 2 games and going forward. Don't like Vyner at RB at all, hoping he's purely used there for cover only. Atkinson looks really promising but hope we don't pile too much pressure on him. I think Kalas and Baker/Atkinson will be our starting pair. JD looks lively today and I'm really hoping he'll have a great season with no injury setbacks. Pring to cover as Nurse still looks quite raw. 

James looks nailed on to start the season in the centre for me, probably with Massengo and one of Nagy/Bakks/Williams. Palmer definetly looks like he's putting in a big shift and appears to be absorbing what Pearson wants from him. Final chance this season for him you'd think so hopefully he'll grab it with both hands. 

Weimann looks like he's back to full fitness and looking sharp which is great to see. Hoping to see him played through the centre with Wells more often. Martin again has been bright this 2nd half today, but needs pace around him to thrive and plenty of crosses in the box. 

I think we're one pacey right sided winger, a pacey RB, and a pacey sriker who can play off the shoulder (like an Agard) away from having a solid Championship side that can compete well around mid-table. 

Some of the comments on here really are embarrassing . How many pre seasons have you gone through as fans but still don’t see it as irrelevant . We’ve preseasons that have gone well & we been relegated & visa versa . Get a grip. 
statements like I’m concerned at the shape ?? . Even NP has said he’d rather not have them . 

21 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep in terms of still doing it in 70 plus minutes. I remember QPR at home under LJ where he put in one hell of the shift but he could barely jog after half time. It's why I never really questioned his desire to run, but now he has that stamina to keep doing it. Well it seems so from this game anyway.

Was that an evening game?  If so Weimann put his back out early in the 2nd half and was subbed after trying to play  on.

25 minutes ago, westonred said:

How about Vyner passing to one of their guys to shoot at goal then Max gives the ball straight back to him to have another goal Kamikaze defending to its finest :)

The number of errors Vyner per game makes is on par, if not worse, than Moore IMO. People seem blind to it, possibly because he's one of our own. 

10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Early thoughts from the 2 games and going forward. Don't like Vyner at RB at all, hoping he's purely used there for cover only. Atkinson looks really promising but hope we don't pile too much pressure on him. I think Kalas and Baker/Atkinson will be our starting pair. JD looks lively today and I'm really hoping he'll have a great season with no injury setbacks. Pring to cover as Nurse still looks quite raw. 

James looks nailed on to start the season in the centre for me, probably with Massengo and one of Nagy/Bakks/Williams. Palmer definetly looks like he's putting in a big shift and appears to be absorbing what Pearson wants from him. Final chance this season for him you'd think so hopefully he'll grab it with both hands. 

Weimann looks like he's back to full fitness and looking sharp which is great to see. Hoping to see him played through the centre with Wells more often. Martin again has been bright this 2nd half today, but needs pace around him to thrive and plenty of crosses in the box. 

I think we're one pacey right sided winger, a pacey RB, and a pacey sriker who can play off the shoulder (like an Agard) away from having a solid Championship side that can compete well around mid-table. 

I’d like to give Vyner more time. He has been on loan after loan in different positions and then again last season. He needs a a good run in one position and I am confident he’ll be a good championship player. Have seen him have good games at RB so is capable. 

Not sure we need all that. Semenyo will help the wing options and Wells I think would have been more of a goal threat today with Palmer than Martin was. And RB I think is fine for this season. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d like to give Vyner more time. He has been on loan after loan in different positions and then again last season. He needs a a good run in one position and I am confident he’ll be a good championship player. Have seen him have good games at RB so is capable. 

Not sure we need all that. Semenyo will help the wing options and Wells I think would have been more of a goal threat today with Palmer than Martin was. And RB I think is fine for this season. 

Yeah interesting to hear others thoughts. I've genuinely thought that our right side has been a weak link for us for years now, and the most unsettled. How many season's have we now had RBs who have struggled for form, and left footed wingers play out on the right who constantly cut in on their left foot. I think we've missed that Murray/Adomah type on the right for a while, and Pearson traditionally loves wingers. Just think we're crying out for a bit more pace and guile down that side of the pitch. 

Vyner does split opinion for sure and I do like him as a CB or RCB option when in a back 5. He just doesn't offer enough going forward or in his distribution if we really want to kick on and push for top 6 over the next 2 years.

A young pacy striker is needed IMO, but aware that it's not that easy to find the next Kodjia for such good fees like the 2 million or so he cost us. 

34 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Good pen, should have played v Italy.

When did Scotland get to the final ???

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Pompey have had six or seven trialists on since the hour mark.

Be interesting to see who some of them are. A couple looked real tidy. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Benarous is going to be a player. Expect clubs will be looking at him

Yea 9 min and he jumps out. Game doesn’t look hard for him at the minute. Obviously a reserve L1 side with trialists but being so young looks impressive. 

Francois just scored for Pompey! He looks decent too tbf to him. What you’d expect for a young un full of energy. 

Archived