IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Yeah interesting to hear others thoughts. I've genuinely thought that our right side has been a weak link for us for years now, and the most unsettled. How many season's have we now had RBs who have struggled for form, and left footed wingers play out on the right who constantly cut in on their left foot. I think we've missed that Murray/Adomah type on the right for a while, and Pearson traditionally loves wingers. Just think we're crying out for a bit more pace and guile down that side of the pitch. 

Vyner does split opinion for sure and I do like him as a CB or RCB option when in a back 5. He just doesn't offer enough going forward or in his distribution if we really want to kick on and push for top 6 over the next 2 years.

A young pacy striker is needed IMO, but aware that it's not that easy to find the next Kodjia for such good fees like the 2 million or so he cost us. 

Agree about striker. Would love a younger pacy option. I like Conway but not sure he is super pacy. Plus real young outside Wells and Martin. A good 23-24 year old would be great. 

Still think same with Vyner just want to see him after 20 or so games in that position. Always seems to grow into roles for me. 

Winger agree as well but don’t think it is on the agenda. Pearson and Semenyo both in that mould. Maybe Pearson more like a traditional one that you are speaking of but Semenyo I am a big fan of and feel he can take another step forward. 

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

Benarous looks a Baller and look at the size of Joe Low he's a monster

He's just a properly sized human being. I'm pretty sure he's a distant relation of mine as his unusually spelled surname is my mum's maiden name, and the family have been in the Bristol/Bath area for decades. We're all tall as well.

23 minutes ago, tin said:

The number of errors Vyner per game makes is on par, if not worse, than Moore IMO. People seem blind to it, possibly because he's one of our own. 

How many result in goals though? Taylor Moore seems to make big mistakes that end up with us conceding.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Andy King looking a very useful signing

with his below quote you know he will always give 100%, I don't think his family will let him off the hook if he doesn't :)

there has to be a "hes one of our own" songs for him this season.

"I've absolutely loved every minute of it being back in England playing in a competition I know and at a club that means so much to me as well. I've got a smile on my face. Even my wife at home says, 'I've never seen you so happy' and stuff."

2 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Gassan Ahadme - 20 yr old released by Norwich.

Son of a former Bristol City hooligan who named him after some bloke he battered.

Had Me A Gass'an 

Declared the victor in some local derby handbags, and the name stuck... until his poorly educated mate was asked to write it down and the rest is history.

45 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

George Nurse did terribly then, doesn't surprise me. I've been fortunately to meet a number of the young players when they were in youth system and sorry to say he was one of the most obnoxious arrogant young people I've ever met, really left a poor impression I'm sorry to say.

Must have changed then, City don’t keep ‘bad eggs’ at the academy any more, players have been let go because of attitude before 

Archived