Jump to content
IGNORED

Bristol City v Pompey


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

 

Yep in terms of still doing it in 70 plus minutes. I remember QPR at home under LJ where he put in one hell of the shift but he could barely jog after half time. It's why I never really questioned his desire to run, but now he has that stamina to keep doing it. Well it seems so from this game anyway.

Was that an evening game?  If so Weimann put his back out early in the 2nd half and was subbed after trying to play  on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Was that an evening game?  If so Weimann put his back out early in the 2nd half and was subbed after trying to play  on.

No it was the home 2-0 win. The game where Nagy scored, and Lumley miss kicked a back pass and Weimann passed it on the volley over his shoulder for Afobe to score. 

I remember saying on here at half time when watching down the Gate that Palmer has turned into Bobby Reid. But in the 2nd half all that running stopped and he was strolling around, clearly knackered from all he put into the first half.

It looks like he's finally got his fitness levels to where they need to be hopefully. In this game he was pressing in the 97th minute, in this heat. I guess now he has to show he can do that over an entire season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, westonred said:

How about Vyner passing to one of their guys to shoot at goal then Max gives the ball straight back to him to have another goal Kamikaze defending to its finest :)

The number of errors Vyner per game makes is on par, if not worse, than Moore IMO. People seem blind to it, possibly because he's one of our own. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Early thoughts from the 2 games and going forward. Don't like Vyner at RB at all, hoping he's purely used there for cover only. Atkinson looks really promising but hope we don't pile too much pressure on him. I think Kalas and Baker/Atkinson will be our starting pair. JD looks lively today and I'm really hoping he'll have a great season with no injury setbacks. Pring to cover as Nurse still looks quite raw. 

James looks nailed on to start the season in the centre for me, probably with Massengo and one of Nagy/Bakks/Williams. Palmer definetly looks like he's putting in a big shift and appears to be absorbing what Pearson wants from him. Final chance this season for him you'd think so hopefully he'll grab it with both hands. 

Weimann looks like he's back to full fitness and looking sharp which is great to see. Hoping to see him played through the centre with Wells more often. Martin again has been bright this 2nd half today, but needs pace around him to thrive and plenty of crosses in the box. 

I think we're one pacey right sided winger, a pacey RB, and a pacey sriker who can play off the shoulder (like an Agard) away from having a solid Championship side that can compete well around mid-table. 

I’d like to give Vyner more time. He has been on loan after loan in different positions and then again last season. He needs a a good run in one position and I am confident he’ll be a good championship player. Have seen him have good games at RB so is capable. 
 

Not sure we need all that. Semenyo will help the wing options and Wells I think would have been more of a goal threat today with Palmer than Martin was. And RB I think is fine for this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d like to give Vyner more time. He has been on loan after loan in different positions and then again last season. He needs a a good run in one position and I am confident he’ll be a good championship player. Have seen him have good games at RB so is capable. 
 

Not sure we need all that. Semenyo will help the wing options and Wells I think would have been more of a goal threat today with Palmer than Martin was. And RB I think is fine for this season. 

Yeah interesting to hear others thoughts. I've genuinely thought that our right side has been a weak link for us for years now, and the most unsettled. How many season's have we now had RBs who have struggled for form, and left footed wingers play out on the right who constantly cut in on their left foot. I think we've missed that Murray/Adomah type on the right for a while, and Pearson traditionally loves wingers. Just think we're crying out for a bit more pace and guile down that side of the pitch. 

Vyner does split opinion for sure and I do like him as a CB or RCB option when in a back 5. He just doesn't offer enough going forward or in his distribution if we really want to kick on and push for top 6 over the next 2 years.

A young pacy striker is needed IMO, but aware that it's not that easy to find the next Kodjia for such good fees like the 2 million or so he cost us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Good pen, should have played v Italy.

When did Scotland get to the final 🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Pompey have had six or seven trialists on since the hour mark.

Be interesting to see who some of them are. A couple looked real tidy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Benarous is going to be a player. Expect clubs will be looking at him

Yea 9 min and he jumps out. Game doesn’t look hard for him at the minute. Obviously a reserve L1 side with trialists but being so young looks impressive. 
 

Francois just scored for Pompey! He looks decent too tbf to him. What you’d expect for a young un full of energy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Yeah interesting to hear others thoughts. I've genuinely thought that our right side has been a weak link for us for years now, and the most unsettled. How many season's have we now had RBs who have struggled for form, and left footed wingers play out on the right who constantly cut in on their left foot. I think we've missed that Murray/Adomah type on the right for a while, and Pearson traditionally loves wingers. Just think we're crying out for a bit more pace and guile down that side of the pitch. 

Vyner does split opinion for sure and I do like him as a CB or RCB option when in a back 5. He just doesn't offer enough going forward or in his distribution if we really want to kick on and push for top 6 over the next 2 years.

A young pacy striker is needed IMO, but aware that it's not that easy to find the next Kodjia for such good fees like the 2 million or so he cost us. 

Agree about striker. Would love a younger pacy option. I like Conway but not sure he is super pacy. Plus real young outside Wells and Martin. A good 23-24 year old would be great. 
 

Still think same with Vyner just want to see him after 20 or so games in that position. Always seems to grow into roles for me. 
 

Winger agree as well but don’t think it is on the agenda. Pearson and Semenyo both in that mould. Maybe Pearson more like a traditional one that you are speaking of but Semenyo I am a big fan of and feel he can take another step forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

Benarous looks a Baller and look at the size of Joe Low he's a monster

He's just a properly sized human being. I'm pretty sure he's a distant relation of mine as his unusually spelled surname is my mum's maiden name, and the family have been in the Bristol/Bath area for decades. We're all tall as well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...