IGNORED

Tokyo Olympics

Lrrr

3 hours ago, TomF said:

.. my old school doing the business, also shout out for the Academy at Portishead who'd continued to produce Olympians.

Of course the Bristol Post has nothing but story on Semi Ramandra getting a medal in the Rugby 7s...

And he didn't play in the final...

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

The Olympics competitors have changed over the years, now when they win a medal they aren't really happy, they collapse in floods of tears. They don't train very hard anymore, they go on a journey, they don't compete for any financial or intellectual benefit, they do so to give the new generation the insperation to do the same thing .

They dont train very hard anymore? ?

3 hours ago, Super said:

Dressage def has to be the most boring Olympic Sport.

I suppose it's all about personal taste, but it is one of my wife's favourite events.

I imagine it is of more interest if you have ridden horses - I haven't, but my wife has, and when she explains to me just how difficult it is to make your horse go sideways or even (especially!) backwards, it al becomes more interesting.

And, remember, all this is carried out in time to music!

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suppose it's all about personal taste, but it is one of my wife's favourite events.

I imagine it is of more interest if you have ridden horses - I haven't, but my wife has, and when she explains to me just how difficult it is to make your horse go sideways or even (especially!) backwards, it al becomes more interesting.

And, remember, all this is carried out in time to music!

I can imagine it being difficult but jeez i find it so boring. I don't mind Show Jumping too much at least they are jumping things!

Just watched the 3 v3 Basketball finals and although I didn't quite understand some of the more complex rules, it was certainly an all action fast moving sport.

It's thing like this that the Olympics is great for, sports you not only have never seen, but probably didn't realise existed. 

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

She had the injury before she when to Japan and she knew she would not run good times

should not have got on the plane Cost another athlete a place in the olympics

Just about to post the very same! Given how crucial the explosive power from the hamstrings.....she should've pulled out way before.

Question is, would she have pulled out of the 200m if she'd made the 100m final, albeit as a fastest loser?

Opinions…

Dina Asher-Smith, right call to go to the games or selfish? Pulled hamstring not long before the Olympics but decided to go ahead despite not being 100%, has now withdrawn from other events. athletes qualify quota spots for their country not booking their own spot and then get selected, should she have withdrawn all together and allowed completely fit athletes to go to the games?

10 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Now pulled out of the 200m with a hamstring injury.

8 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

She had the injury before she when to Japan and she knew she would not run good times

She must have been training with us last season!

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Laurel Hubbard today... get the popcorn ready, the fall out is going to be epic if she wins

She didnt manage a single lift.  Maybe the hysterical people will go back in their box for the time being.  There will be a lot who will be gutted she didnt win simply because they cannot rage now 

Archived