IGNORED

Villa game entry requirements - NO LFT or Vaccine Passport Needed

James54De

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Can you not get out in the fresh air outside the SS and the Lansdown anymore?

I am not aware that you can once you have gone through the turnstiles. You either stay in the concourse or go up to your seat in the stand - but not with your beer!!

• SC&T Board Members
27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Personally I’m disappointed by this. Surely they have a duty of care to their fans? Their employees have to do a LFT twice a week.

Also they state this:

“Fans are advised to purchase match tickets in advance of matchday to avoid unnecessary queuing, and to arrive early to reduce congestion at the turnstiles”

So they realise congestion isn’t good, but are perfectly fine with people having to sit with no distance between them and no protection of a test?

I wonder what other clubs are doing?

Have to say that I'm disappointed too. May well give it a miss, just to be on the safe side. It's not a game that I feel I need to be at.

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Have to say that I'm disappointed too. May well give it a miss, just to be on the safe side. It's not a game that I feel I need to be at.

I’m thinking the same. But I’m also thinking Blackpool will be the same

33 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I am not aware that you can once you have gone through the turnstiles. You either stay in the concourse or go up to your seat in the stand - but not with your beer!!

That's not the case Bat, or wasn't at least.

I'm in the Dolman and I regularly go (went) outside the SS at h/t.

Stalls out there too for food and drink.

Not sure why anyone thinks that the club should introduce measures that are no longer required for entry to any event indoors or out. It is now up to people to make their own choices rather than being told what to do. If your'e not comfortable don't go. Or take a free LFt 24 hrs before and wear a mask...all your own choice. I am double vaxed and will enter the ground and go straight to my seat outside ..no need to hang around in the concourse.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's not the case Bat, or wasn't at least.

I'm in the Dolman and I regularly go (went) outside the SS at h/t.

Stalls out there too for food and drink.

I always stay in my seat at half time so would not have seen this. I suppose it is for those who need a fag to combat the stress.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I always stay in my seat at half time so would not have seen this. I suppose it is for those who need a fag to combat the stress.

Yep, but it's in the open air and shorter queues for refreshments than inside, although no doubt less choice.

Try a little adventurous exploring next time you're at AG!

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not sure why anyone thinks that the club should introduce measures that are no longer required for entry to any event indoors or out. It is now up to people to make their own choices rather than being told what to do. If your'e not comfortable don't go. Or take a free LFt 24 hrs before and wear a mask...all your own choice. I am double vaxed and will enter the ground and go straight to my seat outside ..no need to hang around in the concourse.

It’s not quite that simple though, is it? The government may have removed the statutory requirements, but advice to businesses is still there and includes

- carrying out risk assessments and taking reasonable steps to mitigate risks (and that would have some statutory backing in terms of general duties of care under H&S legislation

- ensuring that customers who are unwell do not attend the venue

- “we encourage organisations in certain settings to use the NHS covid pass as a condition of entry….especially in large crowded settings”

So, there are some requirements, and more expectations. Personally I don’t think it’s right for government to pass the buck to business in this way, but that’s what they’ve done. And so it’s not quite true to say that measures are no longer ever required. 

11 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

For me it's a good move from the club, will definitely make an effort to get tickets for the home games before I'm excommunicado.?

Which is also why I’m not comfortable with the “if you don’t like it stay at home” suggestion.

If I’m prepared to get myself jabbed, take a test, and wear a mask to protect those around me, I don’t really see why I should have to sit next to someone who is dubious about vaccines and doesn’t think masks work (I’m exaggerating BY!) and may be coughing huge viral loads of covid over me.

And not sure why I should be the one expected to stay at home. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Which is also why I’m not comfortable with the “if you don’t like it stay at home” suggestion.

If I’m prepared to get myself jabbed, take a test, and wear a mask to protect those around me, I don’t really see why I should have to sit next to someone who is dubious about vaccines and doesn’t think masks work (I’m exaggerating BY!) and may be coughing huge vital loads of covid over me.

And not sure why I should be the one expected to stay at home. 

I think people have been calling this 'whataboutery' in other threads I have read. You have a fair chance of being infected from vaccinated people so to single me out as some sort of super spreader is a little unfair unless you can back it up with numbers (which I don't think you can.) I might be somewhat more risky overall but if you have had the vaccine you should reduce your risk of getting sick, people who can't get the jab for health reasons would face the same problems either way if it was only the vaccinated allowed.

Personally I wouldn't go to the game if I was coughing all over the place (at least not for a friendly, joking before I scare anyone) but also I don't think double vaccinated people should either. Vaccine passports as well as not being ethical don't make a great deal of sense either. The club should not be in the business of bringing them in voluntarily unless their actual usefulness can be proved.

11 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I think people have been calling this 'whataboutery' in other threads I have read. You have a fair chance of being infected from vaccinated people so to single me out as some sort of super spreader is a little unfair unless you can back it up with numbers (which I don't think you can.) I might be somewhat more risky overall but if you have had the vaccine you should reduce your risk of getting sick, people who can't get the jab for health reasons would face the same problems either way if it was only the vaccinated allowed.

Personally I wouldn't go to the game if I was coughing all over the place (at least not for a friendly, joking before I scare anyone) but also I don't think double vaccinated people should either. Vaccine passports as well as not being ethical don't make a great deal of sense either. The club should not be in the business of bringing them in voluntarily unless their actual usefulness can be proved.

I did say that I was exaggerating, and I certainly wasn’t singling you out as a superspreader (tho you’ve probably been called worse on here!). It wouldn’t particularly worry me if you were at the Blackpool game (not going to Villa!) because although we may not always agree about things you seem like a reasonably sensible and responsible person so I don’t doubt you’d not come if you were coughing everywhere. I’d probably rather you weren’t sat behind me - you don’t sit in the Dolman do you? - only joking! 

But I’m also very aware that there are others who just aren’t that responsible, and a small minority who revel in being irresponsible and that Bristol now has very high rates of infection. And I’m at an age where although the vaccine has reduced my risks, they are still more than minimal. And that’s why I’m not comfortable: I used that word deliberately - I’m not adamantly ‘covid app or no access’ but I’ll still be wary. And I agree with your final point about the usefulness of any restrictions - which is really why I think it’s wrong for government to pass the buck to individual businesses - how are Bristol City meant to make that judgement? 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

It’s not quite that simple though, is it? The government may have removed the statutory requirements, but advice to businesses is still there and includes

- carrying out risk assessments and taking reasonable steps to mitigate risks (and that would have some statutory backing in terms of general duties of care under H&S legislation

- ensuring that customers who are unwell do not attend the venue

- “we encourage organisations in certain settings to use the NHS covid pass as a condition of entry….especially in large crowded settings”

So, there are some requirements, and more expectations. Personally I don’t think it’s right for government to pass the buck to business in this way, but that’s what they’ve done. And so it’s not quite true to say that measures are no longer ever required. 

You said it yourself. It is advice only. A football club or other organisation have no legal grounds to stop someone entering if they are not wearing a mask, been jabbed or taken a test. Those were not the stated requirements when you bought a season ticket. Legally the club / organisation would lose every case brought against it for barring entry on those grounds. Therefore the advice us for people to be sensible enough to do what they think is best re mask wearing, time spent in busy concourses etc. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You said it yourself. It is advice only. A football club or other organisation have no legal grounds to stop someone entering if they are not wearing a mask, been jabbed or taken a test. Those were not the stated requirements when you bought a season ticket. Legally the club / organisation would lose every case brought against it for barring entry on those grounds. Therefore the advice us for people to be sensible enough to do what they think is best re mask wearing, time spent in busy concourses etc. 

I don't think it would be illegal for the club to make it a condition of entry. If that were the case then why would the government advice "encourage" businesses to do exactly that?

There will be different views on whether they should, but I think they could - provided they had a robust risk assessment to back it up. 

25 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I hate the idea of them, last week people were telling people with my views to stop whinging because it's only a qr code, we have seen in the space of a week this has already been disproven because it has moved on to you must be jabbed supposedly,

It is only a QR code, isn't it?

(You can get a paper copy if you choose, but first port of call is the QR code, surely?)

No win scenario- if they said LFT/Covid passport people would moan. 

Having attended x2 England games and The Open (both entries required LFT/Covid passport) I was amazed that my LFT/Covid Passport wasn’t checked at all. 

My stance is if you want to wear a mask, wear one, if you don’t feel safe going to AG with these entry requirements, then that’s fine, but don’t go (as blunt as that sounds). 

8 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

No win scenario- if they said LFT/Covid passport people would moan. 

Having attended x2 England games and The Open (both entries required LFT/Covid passport) I was amazed that my LFT/Covid Passport wasn’t checked at all. 

My stance is if you want to wear a mask, wear one, if you don’t feel safe going to AG with these entry requirements, then that’s fine, but don’t go (as blunt as that sounds). 

It does seem pointless telling people to test and no one checks it. I assume it’s a just in case they do the test and ppl that test positive do stay home and don’t chance it.

I was at a work event yesterday all outdoors with probably a few hundred there, felt a bit odd after so long not being in such close contact with so many people. All told would need to do a test before attending and not one person checked they’d done it, either when arriving to park or at the registration tent. 

i don’t think I’d return to a football ground just yet. However I am looking forward to an away day to Peterborough in October. 

Its confusing for those who are cautious with Bristol now recording more daily cases than at any point during the pandemic. It’s so frustrating to be told for 18 months we can’t go to football and now we are getting more cases than we’ve ever had and it’s ‘off you go lads’. The club are following the guidelines, can’t point any fingers, but it’s surely going to cause hundreds of people to get pinged every time there’s a crowd, and plenty of infections. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

It is only a QR code, isn't it?

(You can get a paper copy if you choose, but first port of call is the QR code, surely?)

Sorry what I meant was that it's only a qr code and you can just take a test, well in the space of a week that has changed.

Latest news from Israel is that the vaccine is only 39% effective at halting transmission, I believe that has gone done 10% in a week or so. From reading the article it sounds to me like a top up every 6 months will be needed, and be prepared to be shut out of society if you don't get your booster? 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/health-ministry-says-covid-vaccine-is-only-40-effective-at-halting-transmission/

8 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well at half time you certainly could I used to go for a beer in the sports bar at half time. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

8 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Sorry what I meant was that it's only a qr code and you can just take a test, well in the space of a week that has changed.

Latest news from Israel is that the vaccine is only 39% effective at halting transmission, I believe that has gone done 10% in a week or so. From reading the article it sounds to me like a top up every 6 months will be needed, and be prepared to be shut out of society if you don't get your booster? 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/health-ministry-says-covid-vaccine-is-only-40-effective-at-halting-transmission/

I’m not sure what’s changed; have I missed something? You just wave your QR code at a reader on the way in? (I appreciate there’s a few weeks to go until everyone will have been able to get two jabs hence the test option).

Yes, regular boosters seem likely to be required, I think that’s been anticipated all along hasn’t it? 

I wondered why you were so keen on data from Israel, then I came across this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/19/vaccine-skeptics-zero-israel-again-some-reason/

?

Without reading all three pages of this thread fully, i would need to know if every supporter entering the ground would have to 'scan into venue' with the NHS app on arrival or provide contact details. Will that be happening, because, we can prepare for a 'ping-a-geddon' and many supporters will be missing the Blackpool match as a result!

18 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not possible once you have gone through the turnstiles though.  I suppose the answer is to find a quiet corner- but quiet corners will be in very high demand!!

Are there many corners in a round concourse? ?

Serious answer is you are allowed to remove your mask to eat or drink even when it was a legal requirement

5 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

Without reading all three pages of this thread fully, i would need to know if every supporter entering the ground would have to 'scan into venue' with the NHS app on arrival or provide contact details. Will that be happening, because, we can prepare for a 'ping-a-geddon' and many supporters will be missing the Blackpool match as a result!

I don’t think scanning in is now required post 19 July. But those with the app only have to be near someone who subsequently tests positive for them to get their self isolation orders. Hence why I’m staying well away for the Villa game in favour of being able to see the first game of the season

Archived