IGNORED

Villa game entry requirements - NO LFT or Vaccine Passport Needed

James54De

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Are there many corners in a round concourse? ?

Serious answer is you are allowed to remove your mask to eat or drink even when it was a legal requirement

The point is that with so many people milling about in the concourse, it would be difficult to find a place to safely remove a mask and then eat and drink.  Some on here have said that it is possible to leave the ground at half time, but if you factor in climbing down from a seat at the top of the Dolman, managing to get a pee, then managing to get out behind the SS and queue to buy refreshments before tearing back to the top of the Dolman.  It all sounds pretty high pressure for an old git of 70.  

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don't think it would be illegal for the club to make it a condition of entry. If that were the case then why would the government advice "encourage" businesses to do exactly that?

There will be different views on whether they should, but I think they could - provided they had a robust risk assessment to back it up. 

Surely they have a duty of care to their employees on site not to expose them to such a risk? I wonder how the staff feel

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Surely they have a duty of care to their employees on site not to expose them to such a risk? I wonder how the staff feel

I don't wish to sound unscientific- but if they're young and reasonably healthy, chances are they'll be okay- if they aren't, erm chances are they'll have been double jabbed which significantly reduces issues.

Okay, there's a bit of Devil's Advocate in my response but the question is, what kinda risk are we in Society now willing to accept? If there are other precautions in play but no bar to entry, that could be one angle.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't wish to sound unscientific- but if they're young and reasonably healthy, chances are they'll be okay- if they aren't, erm chances are they'll have been double jabbed which significantly reduces issues.

Okay, there's a bit of Devil's Advocate in my response but the question is, what kinda risk are we in Society now willing to accept? If there are other precautions in play but no bar to entry, that could be one angle.

Ok even forget for a minute that “might be ok” means they won’t die but might get very ill and potentially have long covid.

Exposing many staff to a virus means the potential that they go off sick and City have no staff for the next game.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Ok even forget for a minute that “might be ok” means they won’t die but might get very ill and potentially have long covid.

Exposing many staff to a virus means the potential that they go off sick and City have no staff for the next game.

Good point. And even more likely, the prospect of them all getting pinged. I wonder if the club will tell them to leave their phones at home? 

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

They have had staff isolating for the past week or so. They might return and be pinged again, which has happened before.

Got to open up at some point, the virus will be with us for decades if not forever. 
Huge numbers have had the vaccine, the government were only initially talking about vaccinating the elderly and most vulnerable. 
Just need to get on with it now.

On 24/07/2021 at 15:25, screech said:

Got to open up at some point, the virus will be with us for decades if not forever. 
Huge numbers have had the vaccine, the government were only initially talking about vaccinating the elderly and most vulnerable. 
Just need to get on with it now.

Not so, the elderly and vulnerable were in the priority 1 group. It was always the plan to vaccinate successive priority groups. We now seem to have reached a bit of an impasse with some young people not getting jabbed. They now form the majority getting seriously ill.

With the Delta variant being more transmissible we ideally need 85% of adults fully vaccinated. We currently stand at 70% so let's hope the remainder get it done soon. Otherwise there is a risk we breed more variants and end up back at square one.

Just seen that no restrictions at all very happy about this will get a ticket today now, very happy they are following the advice that masks are recommended but not compulsory as is now correct, they may ask u to put one on but u can say no now just like when u go to a supermarket for example, 

Surly if people are thinking of not going as worried about getting pinged then should do what a lot of others are and delete the app you don't need it now anyway as no scanning into places, 

• Admin

I'm a bit intrigued why we have only given Villa 1,000 tickets

These sold out in 7 minutes when on sale and they took 3,500 to Stoke last week with many around the home stands

Have heard from many that I know that have bought tickets in home sections and have seen discussions on a Villa forum where many are claiming they have tickets in the home end

I assume the club are not cancelling purchases for new members or those not from the area (though possibly difficult knowing how many live this way), it just amazes me that the club are potentially creating a problem for Saturday afternoon mixing supporters around the ground

Archived