IGNORED

Nurse v Pring

James54De

If either Nurse or Pring can defend then Jay can always be pushed forward as a left winger = that would make the left side pretty secure.  Nigel mentioned playing two full backs on the flank last season. If so, all three plus COD will be needed in the long season.

I thought Nurse before the game today. He was the one left in his position against Celtic, whilst Pring was shifted to CB. Also started today. 

But didn’t have the greatest of games & although it’s only pre season, he’ll come up against far better wingers than Harness this season. 

I guess we’ll see how it goes the next couple of games but think the spot is safely Dasilvas.

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I thought Nurse before the game today. He was the one left in his position against Celtic, whilst Pring was shifted to CB. Also started today. 

But didn’t have the greatest of games & although it’s only pre season, he’ll come up against far better wingers than Harness this season. 

I guess we’ll see how it goes the next couple of games but think the spot is safely Dasilvas.

Could be that was to give Nurse a chance while maintaining game time for Pring

21 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Don't think either are good enough in all honesty. Time for these fringe players to go if possible

We haven't got endless money, we need one of these as back up. To replace them would cost.

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

To use them would cost if it cost us goals and/or defeats!

But equally if we spend money on a Championship proven LB (who'd have to compete with JD), we can't spend it on other positions such as a striker who can score... 

13 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Gonna put it out there, I dont think either are good enough for the championship even as an understudy

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Don't think either are good enough in all honesty. Time for these fringe players to go if possible

I haven't seen enough of either, and I am sure that is the case with the majority of fans.  But from what I have seen on streams, added to the fact that they are 22 and 23 and have a combined grand total of zero appearances for us in the Championship and Cups, over 3 and 5 years, does not fill me with a great deal of confidence going into the season with JD as the only experinced left back (as good a player as he is, his injury record is not great).

Would rather we loaned them out or sold them and re-loaned sessegnon as cover for rb/lb.

for me, jury is still out in vyner as rb too. Doesn’t have the dynamism or the ability to consistently put decent crosses in from the right. Personally think he’s a central defender but I think this season will be make or break for him. They’ve allocated him the rb position. If he doesn’t show up he could be moved on.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

But equally if we spend money on a Championship proven LB (who'd have to compete with JD), we can't spend it on other positions such as a striker who can score... 

exactly….plus how do you convince a LB to join us and share minutes with Jay.  Earlier this summer, some were saying we should get Nyambe and Olosunde….again once you’ve brought the first, how do you convince the second to sign?

7 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Would rather we loaned them out or sold them and re-loaned sessegnon as cover for rb/lb.

for me, jury is still out in vyner as rb too. Doesn’t have the dynamism or the ability to consistently put decent crosses in from the right. Personally think he’s a central defender but I think this season will be make or break for him. They’ve allocated him the rb position. If he doesn’t show up he could be moved on.

That would cost us….Sessegnon’s wages / loan fee would be far in excess of any money we might get by loaning Pring and Nurse out.  Money is tight, in many respects Nige has gotta suck it up.

Archived