IGNORED

Steve Cooper quitting Swansea

Selred

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Less of his face on TV works for me. I'm no model, but good God that is the ugliest mug in football. I wouldn't usually judge a person on appearance but he was Swansea so fair game.

Pretty dumb post in fairness.

Parachute payments ended. Cooper entering last year of his contract. Mutually beneficial to both parties for him to leave. Looks like they will also be losing saleable assets like Jamal Lewis, Connor Roberts. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cameron Toshack moved up to first team manager.

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, take a club on PPs, loan in top PL players (youngsters in the main), have access to players on £80k p.w……jump ship when the going gets tough!  Nice.

SC has received a lot of outrageous negative comments on this forum about his face (and will probably receive many more as this thread develops), and I am sure I can't be the only one who thinks such comments are shameful and totally out of order.

Nevertheless, and having said that, he does come across as an extermely unpleasant character; epitomised by the way he and his bench seem to rise in unison, frequently waving their imaginary yellow cards, whenever there is a hard tackle on one his players - I seem to recall that his father is a former professional refereee, and he no doubt picked up some fatherly tips on how to influence referees.

I shall be interested to see where he goes and who replaces him. 

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Parachute payments ended. Cooper entering last year of his contract. Mutually beneficial to both parties for him to leave. Looks like they will also be losing saleable assets like Jamal Lewis, Connor Roberts. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cameron Toshack moved up to first team manager.

Swansea were hoping he was gonna move on (as part of PL Merry go round) and they’d get compo from PL club.  Hasn’t happened.

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Jamal Lewis?

Cameron Toshack is no longer 23's coach either its Kris O'Leary.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

SC has received a lot of outrageous negative comments on this forum about his face (and will probably receive many more as this thread develops), and I am sure I can't be the only one who thinks such comments are shameful and totally out of order.

Nevertheless, and having said that, he does come across as an extermely unpleasant character; epitomised by the way he and his bench seem to rise in unison, frequently waving their imaginary yellow cards, whenever there is a hard tackle on one his players - I seem to recall that his father is a former professional refereee, and he no doubt picked up some fatherly tips on how to influence referees.

I shall be interested to see where he goes and who replaces him. 

In all fairness, he is an extremely arrogant individual. If you are going to be as arrogant as he is, whilst being as ugly as he is, then you are going to need dragging down every now & then.

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I agree , it’s not his fault that he fell out of the ugly tree hitting many branches on the way down.

However, I doubt many people have an oil painting of the bloke hanging in their salon. 

They look in a bit of strife to me.

Lost their parachute payments & players on loan from Prem sides & on paper a far weaker side than last season.

Seems his replacement is already lined up & a bit like Reading, they are a small club who because they have had a few decent seasons have fans with massive delusions of grandeur.

Love to see them struggle.

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Swansea were hoping he was gonna move on (as part of PL Merry go round) and they’d get compo from PL club.  Hasn’t happened.

It is a surprise that for me tbf - I was a huge fan of Vieira the player but if I was Palace I would have taken Cooper over Vieira every day of the week....

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Naughty.

Funny, but naughty nevertheless.

Actually, I have always prided myself that I never write anything online that I wouldn't say to somebody's face. On this occasion I have transgressed. I wouldn't say that to his face (and not just because it would mean looking at it).

I think Swansea could be heading for choppier waters, got the feeling he wouldn't like having to do it on a cheaper budget.

However the general criticism, they differ to Cardiff- they were for a time (IMO) pound for pound one of the better run clubs in the country. Their succession planning from the latter days of Jackett to the latter days of Laudrup was excellent, they were not major spenders a lot of the time and they had a unique philosophy for about 6-7 years maybe that served them very well. Different to Reading, Reading threw some money and had one or two impressive seasons in the PL and that's not much more to it. Always had them down- not Cooper but them as a whole- as less arrogant than Cardiff. Cooper however was very arrogant and yeah they might well slide down the table this year, or at least to midtable nothingness.

Archived