IGNORED

JET Fans

sglosbcfc

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I said I would no longer respond to you, so apologise for doing so.

I should just like to say that you shouldn’t hesitate to post as you have as much right as anybody on this forum to post and say (subject to the usual limits) whatever you want and in whatever manner you wish.

You should be aware, however, that you (and your posts) will undoubtedly receive sarcastic responses, such is the nature of a forum - if I may say so, however, just try and ignore such responses or, if you really must reply, try not to respond aggressively so as to avoid any risk of being banned.

Just put him on the ignore list as I have ?

JET the Penalty King, one of the best, 'get you off your seat' players we've had in a decade and scored memorable goals. One of the hardest shots and best assists during the double season. Gills away in JPT when Smith got the lot he was unplayable.

Rather have him come of the bench to take a penalty in a big match than some highly paid players/politicians

51 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

JET the Penalty King, one of the best, 'get you off your seat' players we've had in a decade and scored memorable goals. One of the hardest shots and best assists during the double season. Gills away in JPT when Smith got the lot he was unplayable.

Rather have him come of the bench to take a penalty in a big match than some highly paid players/politicians

Bit different taking a penalty in the 3rd division than a penalty shoot out to win the euro's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Oh I see - another tiresome reference to Rashford. Can’t you just leave that sort of thing for your posts on the Daily Mail website? It just gets really boring having to read them here.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What a fun player he was to watch. Would rather watch him over someone relatively consistent but functional and boring like O’Dowda any day. 

My favourite City player. Was only young when he was here but he was so unique. Peeling off to the right wing and cutting in. Would kill for someone to get fans off their seats to play for us now 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Loves a strike does JET. Loved watching him play for City 

That goal is right up there with any I have seen scored by a City player, Jimmy Mann v Shilton being one of very few better.

I absolutely loved watching him, superb technique, excellent goal scoring record for us & even why we were a bottom six L1 side under SOD, JET was worth paying to see on his own.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Robin 3

4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

My favourite City player. Was only young when he was here but he was so unique. Peeling off to the right wing and cutting in. Would kill for someone to get fans off their seats to play for us now 

Agreed. On sheer ability he’s probably the best I’ve watched for City. On talent alone I think he could’ve played in the Prem. Various factors (and perhaps a lack of application) has meant he’s had the career path he’s had. 

At least unlike Lee Trundle we did utilise JET correctly at times.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. On sheer ability he’s probably the best I’ve watched for City. On talent alone I think he could’ve played in the Prem. Various factors (and perhaps a lack of application) has meant he’s had the career path he’s had. 

Yep. I think we were lucky to have him when we did. If he’d been any better he wouldn’t have been with us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We're probably the only club who has got a tune out of him, which isn't something that happens very often, more than likely the other way round!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Trundle was a league one player who never did it consistently for anyone at Championship level, JET was far superior to him.

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

We're probably the only club who has got a tune out of him, which isn't something that happens very often, more than likely the other way round!

I remember he absolutely tore us apart for Doncaster under O’Driscoll and got a standing ovation. Was so happy we were able to get him. 

He even did his bit in a more regimented system under Cotterill.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Trundle was a league one player who never did it consistently for anyone at Championship level, JET was far superior to him.

I think had we played him correctly and utilised his strengths he’d have been much better for us. GJ wanted him to play as a more traditional forward when really he was better in the free role he played for Swansea.

In terms of technical ability he was excellent. He also justified his outlay with his playoff final goals. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think had we played him correctly and utilised his strengths he’d have been much better for us. GJ wanted him to play as a more traditional forward when really he was better in the free role he played for Swansea.

In terms of technical ability he was excellent. He also justified his outlay with his playoff final goals. 

It’s a forum so that’s fair enough, but I just don’t think he was good enough.

He scored 13 goals in his entire career at Championship level, just like Tony Thorpe he wasn’t up to the standard, no matter how we had utilised him.

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

It’s a forum so that’s fair enough, but I just don’t think he was good enough.

He scored 13 goals in his entire career at Championship level, just like Tony Thorpe he wasn’t up to the standard, no matter how we had utilised him.

Sorry Graham - JET and Trundle are two of my favourite players to watch ever so I won’t hear a bad word about either! Davefevs could prove me wrong with 10 graphs and Mr Popadopolous could bring in a well sourced FFP report to also prove me wrong and I still wouldn’t accept it ?

I also really enjoyed watching Ivan Sproule in those days. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That goal is right up there with any I have seen scored by a City player, Jimmy Mann v Shilton being one of very few better.

I absolutely loved watching him, superb technique, excellent goal scoring record for us & even why we were a bottom six L1 side under SOD, JET was worth paying to see on his own.

JET and Baldock were third top scoring "duo" in the country that difficult season.

Joe Bryan's goal v Man Utd is a class above both goals you mention there, though, in my humble ....

• Like 1