IGNORED

JET Fans

sglosbcfc

It was the fact that, when he got the ball on the halfway line you genuinely had no idea what was coming. He`d either lose it and put us in trouble or ghost past three defenders and pop it in the net. Unpredictability is what makes things exciting.

He was a virtual passenger sometimes but the rest of the players liked him so much they were happy to put a bit more in to cover for him - unlike Tomlin.

One of my favourite stories (probably apocryphal but I want it to be true) is when we played Daggers in the cup. We were 2-1 up towards the end and JET was loitering on the touchline in the Atyeo/Williams corner. Allegedly a fan shouted to him `Oi. JET, I`ve got a bet on 3-1, sort it out mate`. JET looks at him, nods, and when the ball comes to him and he just strolls into the area and puts it in!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It was the fact that, when he got the ball on the halfway line you genuinely had no idea what was coming. He`d either lose it and put us in trouble or ghost past three defenders and pop it in the net. Unpredictability is what makes things exciting.

He was a virtual passenger sometimes but the rest of the players liked him so much they were happy to put a bit more in to cover for him - unlike Tomlin.

One of my favourite stories (probably apocryphal but I want it to be true) is when we played Daggers in the cup. We were 2-1 up towards the end and JET was loitering on the touchline in the Atyeo/Williams corner. Allegedly a fan shouted to him `Oi. JET, I`ve got a bet on 3-1, sort it out mate`. JET looks at him, nods, and when the ball comes to him and he just strolls into the area and puts it in!

Brilliant- thanks, I'll be recounting that story for years and as I read it on OTIB - it must be true.

Jet taught me never ever to get attached to a player again and I never have. They come- they go but few are as enigmatic as Jet.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Brilliant- thanks, I'll be recounting that story for years and as I read it on OTIB - it must be true.

Jet taught me never ever to get attached to a player again and I never have. They come- they go but few are as enigmatic as Jet.

Yep, JET, Albert, even Scotty have broken my heart over the years. I stil never learn.

• Like 2