IGNORED

Bristol City v Mk Dons

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

3rd pre season friendly. Will we finally see Joe Williams would be nice. More importantly will NP chat to Gregor 

13-30 kick off to those who are not aware 

20.30 OZ time. How do I watch the tragic loss to the Dons. COYR.

I think we start with..

Bentley

Simpson  Kalas.  Atkinson.  DaSilva

Wieimann   James.  King  O'Dowda

Palmer

Wells

I don’t normally do friendlies under normal circumstances , but. I’m  not taking the moral high ground here I promise as I’m not like that. However , there are many of us who are season ticket holders & have continued to put our hands in our pockets over the last year or so , albeit getting refunds . Can’t the club show the game for less than a tenner. I just won’t watch in principal . A fiver , I’d probably pay but ten ******* quid ! Getting fleeced imo. Apologies to any Welsh reading this ? 

No way I’ll be watching it for a tenner. I wouldn’t if it was an ideal stream.. poor commentary, poor quality stream, poor stability of it, poor playing quality(a bit harsh, it is a friendly), poor support when it doesn’t work. 

No issues with Nige and the playing side of things though.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t normally do friendlies under normal circumstances , but. I’m  not taking the moral high ground here I promise as I’m not like that. However , there are many of us who are season ticket holders & have continued to put our hands in our pockets over the last year or so , albeit getting refunds . Can’t the club show the game for less than a tenner. I just won’t watch in principal . A fiver , I’d probably pay but ten ******* quid ! Getting fleeced imo. Apologies to any Welsh reading this ? 

I have all 3 for £20, so just £6.67 a match

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think we start with..

Bentley

Simpson  Kalas.  Atkinson.  DaSilva

Wieimann   James.  King  O'Dowda

Palmer

Wells

That could well be the starting line up in 14 days time. They need to be getting minutes as a unit even if its just for the first 45.

I've watched both friendlies so far and for large parts there were echos of last season - no real pattern of play. Its concerning and anything less than a win today will see the concerns of most City fans step up a gear IMHO.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

That could well be the starting line up in 14 days time. They need to be getting minutes as a unit even if its just for the first 45.

I've watched both friendlies so far and for large parts there were echos of last season - no real pattern of play. Its concerning and anything less than a win today will see the concerns of most City fans step up a gear IMHO.

Check in for moaning levels at about 13.45.

14 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Wot, no Chris Martin?  And surely we’ll need more pace and energy in midfield - Williams if he’s fit, with King on the bench, or maybe 4-1-3-2:

Bentley

Simpson Kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James

Weimann Palmer O’Dowda

Martin Wells

Not enough defensive cover there?  We’ll see…

30 minutes ago, Banned User said:

No way I’ll be watching it for a tenner. I wouldn’t if it was an ideal stream.. poor commentary, poor quality stream, poor stability of it, poor playing quality(a bit harsh, it is a friendly), poor support when it doesn’t work. 

No issues with Nige and the playing side of things though.

Sounds good though to me. A tenner is twenty dollars and well worth the money. get over it and support the club

37 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Check in for moaning levels at about 13.45.

Will “FFS” be warming up for a run out before the season starts in earnest?

I bought my three game deal and just like watching my team regardless of it being a friendly and nothing on it . 
It’s been  very nice to get aquatinted with the team and new boys . Some of the footballs been  tidy enough. Some players need to show Nige something different .  

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Wot, no Chris Martin?  And surely we’ll need more pace and energy in midfield - Williams if he’s fit, with King on the bench, or maybe 4-1-3-2:

Bentley

Simpson Kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James

Weimann Palmer O’Dowda

Martin Wells

Not enough defensive cover there?  We’ll see…

Good team but I'd leave out the slow Martin and fit Massengo into a midfield 4 leaving Palmer to bomb forward to support Wells.

2 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Good team but I'd leave out the slow Martin and fit Massengo into a midfield 4 leaving Palmer to bomb forward to support Wells.

Agree we have to fit massengo in somewhere. So much potential there, highest ceiling in the squad and needs to get his starts this season, hopefully his suspected knock isn't too bad

2 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

The line up is largely irrelevant. It’s a training game ffs……..:cool2:………The purpose is to enhance the players fitness against unfamiliar opponents and a perfect opportunity for Nige and his coaches to assess how the squad are developing.

Thats why there are different line ups in each half. I really don’t get why some are getting bewildered by Martins absence. It’s no big deal.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Using whatever means to raise much needed revenue I suspect.

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Using whatever means to raise much needed revenue I suspect.

I do get that tone . As I said though. Many of us have backed the club financially paying for games we were never going to see . They know they got season holders money every year because it’s in the blood . It’s also only the die hards that’s going to watch friendlies. Difficult for the club yes , but they’re charging £10 for a glorified training session . 

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I just won't pay a penny to watch frendlies, whether live or on TV.  Nobody takes them seriously and they are usually dead boring anyway.  Nothing more than training sessions.

Try telling that to the Celtic fans didn't they call us animals? I'm assuming from that we took it a little TOO seriously.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I notice Swansea charging a fiver to watch their friendlies,with half of that going to Alzheimer's Society..

Has a better feel to it!

Archived