IGNORED

Bristol City v Mk Dons

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Try telling that to the Celtic fans didn't they call us animals? I'm assuming from that we took it a little TOO seriously.

We didn't treat them with the respect and deference that such a big club obviously deserves!

I can perhaps understand them being worried that with a European game only a week ahead, and playing a team still early in pre-season,  in case any of  their key players were crocked for an important game. The problem is how do you legislate for that , unless you agree, when arranging the friendly, that you don't want any serious tackling or roughing up up of their players - but that would the equivalent of touch rugby!

I hope NP has told MK to go easy on our players, as we are obviously the “big” club in today’s game ( and we need all the help we can get!).  :)

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Pretty sure it will be 442. Janneh and Pearson on the wings

Having looked at it a bit more, I'd agree with you.

With Nurse, Pring, Pearson, Janneh, and Conway, we have a relatively inexperienced team - with Scott, Benarous, and Bell part of the six on the bench.

6 minutes ago, SBB said:

Bentley down as captain is interesting considering Kalas is playing. 

Same thought I had. Intriguing.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

8 should be withdrawn permanently in respect to our greatest player, John Atyeo. Not put on some fly by night Scouser who nobody has heard of let alone seen in a City shirt! ?

Shut up. This isn't America.

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Odowda and Massengo must have knocks 

Or they’re off - along with Palmer and anyone else not included in today’s squad! :) 

16 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Presumably because of the game against Weston today as well?

I think that is labelled as a BCFC u-23 game.

But you could be right and a few may be getting minutes in that game.

2 hours ago, shelts said:

I bought my three game deal and just like watching my team regardless of it being a friendly and nothing on it . 
It’s been  very nice to get aquatinted with the team and new boys . Some of the footballs been  tidy enough. Some players need to show Nige something different .  

Is this some form of blue/turquoise hair dye or mascara??

13 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Odowda and Massengo must have knocks 

They are still technically recovering from injuries, have played some minutes but being managed back to full fitness for opening day.

Seymenyo will not be match fit until after the start of the season apparently.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do get that tone . As I said though. Many of us have backed the club financially paying for games we were never going to see . They know they got season holders money every year because it’s in the blood . It’s also only the die hards that’s going to watch friendlies. Difficult for the club yes , but they’re charging £10 for a glorified training session . 

I understand completely your point.

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

They are still technically recovering from injuries, have played some minutes but being managed back to full fitness for opening day.

Seymenyo will not be match fit until after the start of the season apparently.

Thought I read circa Sept / Oct

Archived