IGNORED

Bristol City v Mk Dons

Red Army 75

16 minutes ago, Henry said:

Alex Scott looks a player doesn’t he

Agreed.

He looks very assured and  always seems to have time on the ball.

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

City’s youngsters playing really well. Impressed. I’ve enjoyed this. 

I thought they all looked pretty sharp. I know it was MKDs but looked like the pressing game is something we will see more of this season.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Another good training session. You can start to see how we intend to play , and also why we have not been signing lots of young players, we have many already at the club. Going to be very interesting to watch them develop over the next few seasons. 2 weeks to go until we see the real deal. 

Agree, we have a very good crop of youth players coming through, Conway looks good but for me Alex Scott is first team ready. He looks a real talent.

Just now, billywedlock said:

Another good training session. You can start to see how we intend to play , and also why we have not been signing lots of young players, we have many already at the club. Going to be very interesting to watch them develop over the next few seasons. 2 weeks to go until we see the real deal. 

Agreed. If expectations are managed well,  if we’ve ditched the overpromising and under delivering that was the hallmark of the old regime, and if we can be patient,  it could be an exciting few years watching this side grow. 

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. If expectations are managed well,  if we’ve ditched the overpromising and under delivering that was the hallmark of the old regime, and if we can be patient,  it could be an exciting few years watching this side grow. 

Oh I hope you are right but we have been here before "with a talented group of youngsters coming through" it nearly always seems to end up with half of them being poached and us having to start yet again, let's hope your right and this time it's different. 

29 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Who's ready for their 'breakthrough' season then?

I'll say Janneh, Nurse, Scott and Benarous, maybe Conway as well.

Scott & Bell. Both intended to be right in amongst it this season from what I’ve heard. Maybe Benarous but think he may be on the outskirts. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Scott & Bell. Both intended to be right in amongst it this season from what I’ve heard. Maybe Benarous but think he may be on the outskirts. 

I agree that Scott and Bell should get good game time this season.

But I'd also add Conway - give him another few games and he'll be scoring regularly imo. Those three are just about ready imo.

Benarous, his time will come.

Janneh is still very raw and I don't see him as a regular first teamer at the moment. He's had some injuries which has held him back tbf, but he needs a bit more time imo. I think Pearson also needs a bit more time, the talent is there.

Nice to see these younger players coming through.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree that Scott and Bell should get good game time this season.

But I'd also add Conway - give him another few games and he'll be scoring regularly imo. Those three are just about ready imo.

Benarous, his time will come.

Janneh is still very raw and I don't see him as a regular first teamer at the moment. He's had some injuries which has held him back tbf, but he needs a bit more time imo. I think Pearson also needs a bit more time, the talent is there.

Nice to see these younger players coming through.

Louis Britton has been injured. He will be looking toward some first tam action. If I remember correctly he scored our last EFL goal!

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Might just of been me but I thought the younger players always tried to play the ball on the floor today which was great to see after a season of hoofing it to the opposition 

Perhaps not having a big target man up front helped.

Archived