IGNORED

Bristol City v Mk Dons

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I still don’t buy it about Wells not wanting to be here. He just seems to be a striker who is only happy when he’s scoring and winning.

If you listen to him on comms and interviews, he’s just got a bit of a monotone droll.  He talks positively about things but it gets overlaid by the droll. 

I heard the one talking about his move being just before Covid, can't be easy when you think about it, a new City you'd only just moved to and everything closes so you've not had a chance to get to know it for a year really. Hopefully with things opening up he'll settle in better too in that sense.

On 24/07/2021 at 21:23, Phileas Fogg said:

Definitely. Wilbraham there also so another good influence. Think it would be really astute actually. Perfect place for the likes of Pearson, Britton, Bell, Janneh etc who may not quite be ready for this level. Think Alex Scott is definitely worth keeping around though, he has something about him. 

Alex Scott will be a premier league player in the future. He has excellent technique and is one of those players that just has so much time and vision and Benarous won’t be far behind. If we can keep hold of them for 4-5 years then we will do well 

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Alex Scott will be a premier league player in the future. He has excellent technique and is one of those players that just has so much time and vision and Benarous won’t be far behind. If we can keep hold of them for 4-5 years then we will do well 

Benarous plays a similar style to mahrez whom nige managed.... 

I remember that well, I loved that interview @JonDolman, because it’s something I’d mentioned on here many, many times on here during LJ’s reign.

LJ had little to no playing philosophy (unlike Martin), it was all knee-jerk, let’s try this, let’s try that, etc.  Wasn’t brave enough to just watch and learn and make small adjustments, or wait for the results on the training ground to bear fruit on the pitch.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:13, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness, the selling of the players isn't necessarily where the failure lies. Unless you're Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're going to lose your best players.

The issue is successfully developing and selling your young players, but then pissing away the money you've earned such that you're no better off

Though there's an argument that we failed to get the best out of multiple as well, then there was bad luck with injuries with a number of others who could at least have been passable cover/depth/squad players.

Some are still here and of an age where time is on their side- no doubt there were bad signings too and our hit rate was too low.

Archived