IGNORED

70 pence admission in the East end!

forbespm

44 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Dolman Centre - £39....

Lansdown Centre - £43.

It's too much money....

You've conveniently quoted the most expensive areas of the ground & missed out the cheaper options for those that feel your selections are too much money. 

Prices available from £25 which seems OK to me, by todays standards. 

Of course there are more expensive options, for those who choose to pay them. 

I think the introduction of the cheaper seats in Dolman (old) A block are a very good addition to the options. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

1/11 for 10 cigs or a pint (10p), 4/11 (25p) for a gallon of petrol... not a litre... and less than a fiver for ST in the new dolman.... I believe and 77/6 for my first weeks wage at Parnells Fishponds

We are nearly the same age, my first job in 1972 at Bell and Nicholson in the carpet dept paid £7.50 a week, less than 18 and a half pence an hour!! I may have been a bit hazy on the admission price at the gate. I knew there was a half crown price as I remember it was painted on the wall by the turnstile, I do remember when decimal currency came in in 1970 the club used the old chestnut of making it easier for the turnstile operators by increasing the price to 15p so they didn't have to handle so much change and it would make getting in quicker, that was good of them wasn't it.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

When I started watching City from the open end it cost 25p for an adult. Under 16s and OAPs were half price. I think I recall being an under 16 until I was 18.

Same here mate! 

East End for me used to be 6.5p (1s3d) for reserve matches and DOUBLED! to 13p for first team.

However, since the discovery of the roof, I can now pee in all weathers without getting wet. (Ok. That does depend on who's next to you.)

It no longer seems illegal to get a hot drink during a freezing January after half time.

The Pitch looks very pretty during October.

All worth the inflation busting increases surely.

Thank God the football isn't much better, or none of us could afford to go.

5 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Sorry to disappoint, in 1966 you could watch Tottenham for 10p (boys entrance ) and go anywhere in the ground, full price was 20p and seats behind the goal were 40p.

" Who would have thought fifty years ago we'd all be sitting here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?"

image.jpeg.1f18db5476b68c75c6f26512f7354b99.jpeg

are you sure? We didnt go decimal til 1971

45 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

are you sure? We didnt go decimal til 1971

Good point I should have given the price in old money as well as todays equivalent .

Still cost 2 shillings (10p) to watch Tottenham , programme threepence (just over 1p) and a for some reason always had a seller of Percy Dalton's peanuts vending his wares which for some reason did a brisk trade.

All relative as you could buy a decent house in London for under £10k

16 hours ago, downendcity said:

Will only happen when they pay players appropriately i.e. likely never!

Or if people stop paying the extortionate prices of today’s game. 
I personally won’t pay these prices anymore, I’m more happy paying my £6…8 for Western league, or nothing for county league football. It’s far more enjoyable as well. 

16 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

MICKEY FINNS 99P LUNCHBOX!

Love it, remember it well (not always though :laugh:) used to go in a lot, always had the double garlic mayo burger. Whenever I went in completely steaming they new what I wanted and I didn't have to say anything, which helps when your lips aren't working properly :laugh:

19 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

The 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign is one run by the Football Supporters' Association (formerly Federation). It in turn was inspired by a campaign in Germany called 'Kein Zwanni fuer 'n Steher', which can be loosely translated as 'No to twenty for standing'.

While the FSA has not yet been able to assert itself in respect of a £20 cap on away tickets, the Premier League has for several seasons now capped away prices at £30.

Evidently BCFC think the football at AG is worth more to visiting fans than a game in the PL.

You’d have to say BCFC made a good call there, because where else could an away supporter almost guarantee their side will dominate posession, play the home side off the pitch and be almost certain to return home with 3 points.

I reckon those away fans have had superb value for money over the last couple of years at the very least.

19 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

The 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign is one run by the Football Supporters' Association (formerly Federation). It in turn was inspired by a campaign in Germany called 'Kein Zwanni fuer 'n Steher', which can be loosely translated as 'No to twenty for standing'.

While the FSA has not yet been able to assert itself in respect of a £20 cap on away tickets, the Premier League has for several seasons now capped away prices at £30.

Evidently BCFC think the football at AG is worth more to visiting fans than a game in the PL.

You’d have to say BCFC made a good call there, because where else could an away supporter almost guarantee their side will dominate posession, play the home side off the pitch and be almost certain to return home with 3 points.

I reckon those away fans have had superb value for money over the last couple of years at the very least.

Can still remember nights at the Princess Royal, St. Lukes Rd when you could have 4 pints bitter and 10 fags with change from ten Bob (50p).  You could get 4 gallons of petrol and 4 shots of Redex for £1.  City games were 1 shilling, (5p) and you could get in free at half time to watch the second half.  I think reserve games were free but I might have that bit wrong.

then is then, Covid times have ripped clubs, businesses and communities apart; surely we all get that and now is now.

EPL players Rashford,  et al earn an obscene amount of money for what they do as do their agents; we shouldnt blame the clubs, we should ask wi the wages being 'demanded' by so-called decent people are really what they should be or, if they are ten time what they should be, would more realistic wages mean the average fans wouldnt get 'fleeced'

Archived