IGNORED

Entry Requirements General

frenchred

I don't wish to start any sort of covid/entry requirements debate!

However with the news this morning that only double jabbers MAY be allowed in stadiums as of October.

Is everyone aware that if you do not have the app or a smart phone you can get a paper copy of your vaccination status free of charge via the NHS. For those it applies to it may be worth requesting one now before any sort of mad rush and delays start happening.

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I don't wish to start any sort of covid/entry requirements debate!

However with the news this morning that only double jabbers MAY be allowed in stadiums as of October.

Is everyone aware that if you do not have the app or a smart phone you can get a paper copy of your vaccination status free of charge via the NHS. For those it applies to it may be worth requesting one now before any sort of mad rush and delays start happening.

Isn’t any certificate valid only for 1 month from the point you get it?  And the process is an automated one so should not be affected by demand.

I'm not aware that they are only valid for one month mate, my parents have just got theirs as they don't have smart phones and no mention only valid for one month. As for the automated bit I really don't know was just trying to give people a heads up

Have checked my COVID pass letter as well and there isnt a time limit.

If you plan to get one, though, do so as soon as you believe you will need one. While they should be issued within a week after being requested, I had to ring a second time as one didn't come through the first time I asked. 

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Worth pointing out that the NHS app and the Test and Trace app are different so those that have deleted the latter can download the former to show their vaccine status without thr threat of being pinged 

Yep, a lot of misleading stuff as a result.

59 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Isn’t any certificate valid only for 1 month from the point you get it?  And the process is an automated one so should not be affected by demand.

Printer needs to be refilled with ink and paper, and those envelopes don’t lick themselves

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Wouldn't the little card they give you - complete with a unique-to-you barcode - when you are vaccinated serve as proof?

It records the time and date (and type of vaccine and batch code) of both vaccinations.

I've laminated mine to carry it around for this very purpose.

Can't see a barcode on it though?

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've laminated mine to carry it around for this very purpose.

Can't see a barcode on it though?

Just had a check. The barcode that is on the card has been covered by the stickers with the date they give you when you're jabbed.

Still could probably be read though with the right equipment.

Or just use the card?  I doubt anyone would go to the arseache of forging one just to be allowed to a few football matches.  

I can see you'd probably need a more secure vaccine ID for foreign travel etc....

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just had a check. The barcode that is on the card has been covered by the stickers with the date they give you when you're jabbed.

Still could probably be read though with the right equipment.

Or just use the card?  I doubt anyone would go to the arseache of forging one just to be allowed to a few football matches.  

I can see you'd probably need a more secure vaccine ID for foreign travel etc....

The only sticker on mine is on the back, circular with a heart and crown with 'I've had my Covid Vaccination' printed around it.

No other barcode or sticker on mine, so it looks they may have stuck a completely unnecessary childish sticker over what could be an important barcode, and which may well make that barcode indiscernible on removal?

Or is the barcode & sticker you refer to elsewhere on your card?

I dont believe the vaccination card will be accepted as proof that you have had the vaccines. Proof will be the letter or the app.

If you dont want to use the app, then the letter is available by ringing 119 and asking for one to be posted to you. The call takes a few minutes and the letter should arrive within a week.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is best to make the request for the letter early as it took two attempts to get mine.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The only sticker on mine is on the back, circular with a heart and crown with 'I've had my Covid Vaccination' printed around it.

No other barcode or sticker on mine, so it looks they may have stuck a completely unnecessary childish sticker over what could be an important barcode, and which may well make that barcode indiscernible on removal?

Or is the barcode & sticker you refer to elsewhere on your card?

Odd. On mine you can just make out a code - which I think is for the vaccine batch - under the second of the stickers on the back of the card, where they have written in my name.

Maybe they printed different designs?

Nonetheless, I think even without a barcode, the card would make a cheap but adequate (and very portable) proof of vaccination. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Odd. On mine you can just make out a code - which I think is for the vaccine batch - under the second of the stickers on the back of the card, where they have written in my name.

Nonetheless, I think even without a barcode, the card would make a cheap but adequate (and very portable) proof of vaccination. 

Far too sensible as a suggestion. You should feel ashamed!

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Does look that way. My batch numbers and dates are handwritten as well as my name, and no 2nd sticker.

Mine was issued from AG - interesting to know if anyone else jabbed there has any sign of a personalised barcode anywhere on their card.

Agree the card should be suitable barcode or not - why not?

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Does look that way. My batch numbers and dates are handwritten as well as my name, and no 2nd sticker.

Mine was issued from AG - interesting to know if anyone else jabbed there has any sign of a personalised barcode anywhere on their card.

Agree the card should be suitable barcode or not - why not?

Had my jabs at AG and my card sounds identical to yours, certainly no barcode. 

1 hour ago, WOTRED said:

I dont believe the vaccination card will be accepted as proof that you have had the vaccines. Proof will be the letter or the app.

If you dont want to use the app, then the letter is available by ringing 119 and asking for one to be posted to you. The call takes a few minutes and the letter should arrive within a week.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is best to make the request for the letter early as it took two attempts to get mine.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ Anyone that is confused, read this. Nothing that you would have received when having the jab will be valid.

the only proof of vaccination is setting your record up on the NHS app (not track and trace) and/or applying for a paper confirmation by calling 119 anytime after a week after your second jab.

I have done both 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Are they still unsure how long the vaccine will last though? In a few months time they will need to start with the boosters for the elderly and vulnerable, and if any of those decide not to have it, they will show as double jabbed , although may not be immune, depending on the length of immunisation.

I think this is where it could get interesting. If they do go ahead with booster shots as is likely, these is also the possibility these will be annually for the next few years; the Canadians have announced that they are planning to do this. Are people really going to want to continue taking the vaccines on a annual/bi-annual basis? If they don't, but have had the first two - that we were told was all it was going to be - will they then also not be allowed into places because they haven't got an up to date vaccine pass? If that's the case and attendances to events such as football start to fall, do they then scrap the passes?

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Are they still unsure how long the vaccine will last though? In a few months time they will need to start with the boosters for the elderly and vulnerable, and if any of those decide not to have it, they will show as double jabbed , although may not be immune, depending on the length of immunisation.

The jab isn't really for immunity though is it, it's really to stop people being hospitalised.

People have to take individual responsibility especially the most vulnerable, if you're vulnerable and you don't get a booster why would that be anyone else's problem?

4 hours ago, TBW said:

Seems like a ******* hassle.

I’d say Covid is a ******* hassle.  This NHS app is a piece of piss to use tbf and I’m as far from a computer geek as you can get!

We’re stuck with this ******* virus for the foreseeable, so it’s now just a case of finding the best way to work around it and make our lives as normal as possible.

Archived