IGNORED

FA Cup 2021-22

22A

This is what we need to give some respite from our own soulless travails: a dilapidated/higgledy-piggledy ground where pretty much everyone has a restricted view, packed to the rafters and Nobes pulling the strings for a 6th tier outfit. Knew it was going a salve to all that’s awful when a cardboard FA cup, covered in foil, appeared. St Albans on track to knock out the Goliath’s of Nailsworth and maybe go on a run that sees D Noble’s quadtrick getting our temporary appointment, Colin, the sack. 

• Like 2

• Admin
48 minutes ago, 22A said:

With those first round draws, I feared the worst for the West country. 

But no, going into the 2nd round we have Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Rovers and Cheltenham. How many / will any of them join City in round three?

Exeter could be in trouble though:

The Football Association is investigating whether Exeter City used too many substitutes during their FA Cup win over Bradford City on Tuesday.

The Grecians, who went on to win the game 3-0 in extra time, changed five players during the goalless 90 minutes.

They then brought on Josh Key for Sam Nombe at the start of extra time.

Under FA Cup rules this season clubs can bring on five players during a game, including extra time, with a sixth allowed for a concussion.

image.pngimage.png

48 minutes ago, TomF said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about it seeing that end that Stockport are attacking. Other than the seats I don’t think that end has changed.

I went to the east end screening. If I remember correctly they couldn’t get the audio working till about 10-15 minutes before end of game. By that time big old Wayne had destroyed them. 

Yes, I think I remember something with the audio, long time ago now 

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

What a come back ! Great entertainment. You don’t always need Liverpool and Man City to enjoy a game 

Far prefer this to watching Premier League or England.

Fast, direct, skilful, positive English ‘old style’ football. Lovely. 

• Like 5