IGNORED

FA Cup 2021-22

22A

2 hours ago, 22A said:

OK we've lost Exeter & Cheltenham and we're waiting on Plymouth (Sunday lunch time ko) & Yeovil (5.30 today ko). Rovers & Swindon are definitely joining City in Round 3.

Not a local team but Ipswich 0 - Barrow 0 means ITFC fans will be leaving Barrow about 10.00pm on  Tuesday night for a trip back to Suffolk. I don't envy them that.

OK so Yeovil have joined us. Elsewhere Paul Cook won't have to make that midweek journey to barrow & back.

Didn’t feel it warranted a new thread, so thought I’d stick it here on the relative non-league chat:

Freddie Hinds (remember him?) has just signed for my non-league team Wingate and Finchley. That’s division 7. City only released him this summer. Crazy how far players can drop but good luck to the man, surely he’s too good for the isthmian premier league.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Except the Milwall and Hull games.

I thought Yeovil might have been chosen.

Millwall Vs Palace is a local derby, reckon Everton are picked as a potential upset

Would say neither Yeovil or Bournemouth have much of a following so little value in covering live

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Millwall Vs Palace is a local derby, reckon Everton are picked as a potential upset

Would say neither Yeovil or Bournemouth have much of a following so little value in covering live

Yes, unfortunately, as you say (concerning Yeovil/Bournemouth), audience figures are frequently the overriding factor when choosing which matches to broadcast.

• Like 1

Just browsing the Man City forum as their not happy with a Friday night kick off as there aren't any trains back to Manchester and came across the following post where they reckon they played Bristol City on a Friday evening in the 70's and so say brought 8000. Any of you older fans remember that?

******* ******* have just ruined a potential brilliant away. Nobody even wants to watch football on a Friday night.

I remember going to Bristol City for a Friday night match in the 70s. Perhaps it was the novelty value then but it was one of the biggest away followings of City fans I have seen for a night match. Must have been 8000 plus and we were all over the stadium. Mind you in those days we had the football special trains to get back.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Really predictable selection 

20211209_153533.jpg

Predictably annoying!!

Bad enough that PL teams are playing each other on TV but in the FA Cup it will be largely 2nd string line ups in any case. There isn't a game I would watch on that list.

The 'magic of the FA Cup' dies that little bit more every year.

It should be about the non-league and lower league teams and their involvement. It also gives them a bit of exposure on TV across the world and some much needed cash. 

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Just browsing the Man City forum as their not happy with a Friday night kick off as there aren't any trains back to Manchester and came across the following post where they reckon they played Bristol City on a Friday evening in the 70's and so say brought 8000. Any of you older fans remember that?

******* ******* have just ruined a potential brilliant away. Nobody even wants to watch football on a Friday night.

I remember going to Bristol City for a Friday night match in the 70s. Perhaps it was the novelty value then but it was one of the biggest away followings of City fans I have seen for a night match. Must have been 8000 plus and we were all over the stadium. Mind you in those days we had the football special trains to get back.

17th February 1978, a 2-2 draw. A cracking game if memory serves. Just under 25k there, Booth & Kidd scored for them and Joe Royle got both for us fairly early on to put us 2 up.

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

17th February 1978, a 2-2 draw. A cracking game if memory serves. Just under 25k there, Booth & Kidd scored for them and Joe Royle got both for us fairly early on to put us 2 up.

Cheers LR. I watched & Man Utd & Leeds at the gate around that time and they only had half of the open end so if  City brought 8000! they would have had the whole of the open end plus 3-4000 in the Dolman unless the poster sim exsgersting.

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers LR. I watched & Man Utd & Leeds at the gate around that time and they only had half of the open end so if  City brought 8000! they would have had the whole of the open end plus 3-4000 in the Dolman unless the poster sim exsgersting.

Standing in the Open End in those days. The capacity fir the whole ground was around 38000. Open End probably would have held 8000.

• Admin
On 12/12/2021 at 15:38, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was just looking to see what replays were on this week and was surprised to see there was only one - Barrow v MAIT.

That`s got to be unusual for a cup early round - only one draw.

I know this will sound crazy but I'm sure when I walked into the pub after the city game the sky teleprinter indicated one of the games went into extra time 

• The title was changed to FA Cup 2021-22
  • Admin

TV fixtures announced for the 4th round

FA Cup fourth-round TV fixtures

Friday 4 February: Manchester United v Middlesbrough, 20:00 - ITV

Saturday 5 February: Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United, 12:30 - BBC One

Saturday 5 February: Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion, 20:00 - ITV4

Sunday 6 February: Liverpool v Cardiff City, 12:00 - ITV

Sunday 6 February: Nottingham Forest v Leicester City, 16:00 - BBC One

Sunday 6 February: Bournemouth v Boreham Wood, 18:00 - ITV4