IGNORED

London flooding

Lanterne Rouge

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It all looks pretty biblical on the news - any of our capital-based OTIBrs affected? Stay safe if you are.

I’ve been lucky. I am in Walthamstow and a lot of roads around me are seriously flooded - quite a few places in news reports that I recognise and the place where the cars have been a abandoned is on the way to my nearest big supermarket - but my road is sloped and I live on a second floor.

I got absolutely drenched when it all kicked off on my way back to the shops and was quite surprised even then how quickly the water was rising but I have been safe at home. Suspect a few businesses I frequent will have been hit hard and people on my local Facebook group have been evacuated from their homes. Don’t think I have ever seen rain like it before.

I live outside of London, but was coming home from a wedding yesterday afternoon when it started. Driving down the M11 with the wipers on full speed, headlights and fog lights on, doing 40mph!!

Luckily from what I can see where I live, just a few local roads that have flooded, but it was really bad.

Unfortunately I work in a school and have found a few more leaks than normal from my old roof(s)...

On 25/07/2021 at 20:11, Lanterne Rouge said:

It all looks pretty biblical on the news - any of our capital-based OTIBrs affected? Stay safe if you are.

I couldn't believe it, we were in London all weekend and the weather said to expect rain the whole time. We commented several times how lucky we'd been and it started to rain just as we made our way to kings cross to head home

Must have missed this by minutes really, saw the news later and was stunned.

Archived