IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

Apologies if I have missed something already...

Are we expecting to play youngsters in one game and go full strength in the other? Or a mixed bag? Didn’t know if Exeter game being streamed free was a point in the direction it wouldn’t be the first team?

Anyone going to either games?

Exeter stream their games for free anyway, so I think we didn't really have a say in that matter.

I'd assume it's a mixed bag, I think Villa is the only game where we might be able to take anything away from that re squad selection.

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Exeter game free on You tube and Plymouth game streamed Via Plymouth site at a cost of £2.50  Makes a joke of our cost of a tenner a game

I'm still in for £40 for our games - hopefully, hopefully, I get the refund of a duplicate stream plus a tenner for the Celtic debacle.

I'm also a new member of argyletv (or whatever they call it).

I am now expecting tonight’s team v Plymouth to be close to our starting 11 for Blackpool.  I am assuming Kalas, Nagy and Wells not sufficiently advanced in their pre-season to be included as starters for first game

5 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

I am now expecting tonight’s team v Plymouth to be close to our starting 11 for Blackpool.  I am assuming Kalas, Nagy and Wells not sufficiently advanced in their pre-season to be included as starters for first game

I'd say Saturdays team moreso than tonight's as an indicator for Blackpool.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Starting line up for Exeter;

O’Leary

Simpson Kalas Moore Pring

Nagy Williams Bakinson Scott 

Bell Wells

Could it be more of a 433? With Scott joining Bell and Wells up top in a front 3 letting him come inside and drop into holes in behind the striker at times?

2 minutes ago, Natchlander said:

Does anyone have the youtube link for the Exeter game? . Just had a look on the Exeter YouTube page and cannot see what to click on

Video hasn’t gone live yet. Check just before kick off. 

Will Kalas play right of Moore as per the listing. Moore's weaknesses are exposed on the left but then, for that matter, so are Kalas's.

Exeter team two left footed centre backs? Baker  / Atkinson

Kalas /  Atkinson is, for me, the best pairing. An in form Moore alongside Baker isn't too shabby either.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Moore seems to prefer playing left sided in a back 2. He has always played there when paired with Kalas.

I’m not sure if he prefers it or he gets asked to, both are predominately right footed & Kalas played on the left of 2 at the Euros, though clearly with Atkinson & Baker both left footed he’s pretty unlikely to do so for us.

Archived