IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

12 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Anyone know how close this to Exeter's first team? They have a lot of youngsters playing.

Read on their forum one player has 11 starts for them, another has 1 and the other nine are yet to start for them. 

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yet another (positive) mention of City's fitness levels.

This is in direct contrast to last season, and I wonder how much is really due to the change in medical staff, rather than perhaps a change in traing routine (led by NP).

All looking good so far I just hope it doesn't mirror the season we beat man utd where we fatigued towards the end of the season.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This is in direct contrast to last season, and I wonder how much is really due to the change in medical staff, rather than perhaps a change in traing routine (led by NP).

It seems that we got pre season horribly wrong last year.

13 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Anyone know how close this to Exeter's first team? They have a lot of youngsters playing.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A mix, like ours.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So do we. It's all comparative although we do have more experience on the field.

It’s a total mismatch. Not a mix! Not “comparitive”.  They’ve got 1 player who’s made 11 first team starts. 1 who’s made 1. It’s basically their youth side. And we’ve put them up against Simpson Kalas Moore Nagy Williams Wells all hugely experience plus Oleary Bakinson and Pring who have more league starts than their whole team put together. 

Nice work out, now for a short bus trip to Plymouth. :)

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I guess it helps that we can put out a different team for each pre season game, I don't think that would be a luxury afforded to Exeter?

2 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I think several teams did, but there were extenuating circumstances I suppose.

3 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

It can't have been that bad can it? After all we did win 8 out of the first 12. More likely it was the constant stream of injuries that made it difficult to maintain fitness levels in training.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Pearson complained about fitness when he first came in. Also Simpson said it was the hardest he'd had. I think Nige always had it in mind to get them as fit as possible, the medical staff will hopefully stop us having the sort off injury crisis we had last year.

4-0 can’t grumble really …. but, for me, still lack the ‘fizz’ around the edge of that penalty box with groups/pairs making quick inter-changes, clever flicks and footwork.

We’re all a bit predictable and easy to read for opposition defenders of Championship standard for me still.  

Anyhow, on to ‘Muff. 

3 minutes ago, bredwood said:

It can't have been that bad can it? After all we did win 8 out of the first 12. More likely it was the constant stream of injuries that made it difficult to maintain fitness levels in training.

Or the constant stream of injuries we suffered was because of pre-season. 

Archived