IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

No Massengo in squad. To be fair if he is injured then going into the season with one injury is hardly that bad

He is injured but not bad and already back running. 

As you say, not too long a list compared to other seasons 

Argyle tv is already up and running - surprised they have gone so early pre match for a preseason game but all good value for £2.50! Interviewing Gary Sawyer who talked about his brief time on loan with us (which I must admit I didn’t recall) 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

He is injured but not bad and already back running. 

As you say, not too long a list compared to other seasons 

Pearson said a couple of days ago that Massengo will be involved 'in the next week or so'. Hopefully Villa I suppose.

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Argyle tv is already up and running - surprised they have gone so early pre match for a preseason game but all good value for £2.50! Interviewing Gary Sawyer who talked about his brief time on loan with us (which I must admit I didn’t recall) 

Just logged on with my Samsung TV with no problem..

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Plymouth apparently at near enough full strength according to some of their fans on Twitter, so should be a good test. 

I don't think we are far off full strength, Maybe Wells, Williams and Kalas short

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I didn't realise Adelakun had signed for Lincoln tbf but I think it is more of a buyers market atm. Not sure there are many average Championship players around with numerous offers to consider and able to choose the right one.

Watkins and Paterson have yet to sign anywhere but they are Championship standard players and will have offers - IMO.

Diedhou, Hunt, Baker, Adelekun, Walsh, Lansbury and Rowe have all found clubs. Gilmartin was a coach and 5th choice keeper.

Mariappa is the one who may struggle.

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wasn’t a bad squad last season. But the injury list was atrocious. Plus the appointment of Dean Holden 

interesting what you thought after Deans first 6-8 games.? hindsight is wonderful and it was pearson who very nearly took us down as he was unable to buy a win!

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

interesting what you thought after Deans first 6-8 games.? hindsight is wonderful and it was pearson who very nearly took us down as he was unable to buy a win!

I know that you weren’t asking me but I enjoyed Holdens last 5 games on 19/20 and the early season stuff. Saw method, purpose, etc.

Injuries didn’t help, but having talked about principles and all that, he went away from them very quickly and ended up reverting to LJ type changes.  I was disappointed by him when he did that. 

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

6-8 games was encouraging. As for the rest of his tenure not good. Shouldn’t of never got the job. But going back to the squad we had some awful injuries and I stand by my comment we haven’t got a bad squad 

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wasn’t a bad squad last season. But the injury list was atrocious. Plus the appointment of Dean Holden 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know that you weren’t asking me but I enjoyed Holdens last 5 games on 19/20 and the early season stuff. Saw method, purpose, etc.

Injuries didn’t help, but having talked about principles and all that, he went away from them very quickly and ended up reverting to LJ type changes.  I was disappointed by him when he did that. 

yep, sort of agree with you there davefevs, although as pearson proved there wasn’t a lot in reserve

and this season we are still relying on them

Archived